Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Eaton’s EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division division is currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $77249.97 - $113299.96 a year.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will plan, direct and execute manufacturing engineering projects related to manufacturing methods, processes, facilities, systems and equipment using comprehensive knowledge of existing capabilities and new technologies. The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for leading manufacturing process improvements, project planning, and execution of RIE’s (Rapid Improvement Events) in your assigned production areas. More specifically, this role will include process conceptualization, feasibility assessments, and process validation. The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will manage strategic capital projects, including automation, manage focused teams, run meetings, execute major equipment purchases, replicate existing equipment, and develop training and operational documentation. This position will also lead capacity and capital equipment analysis, vendor selection, and manufacturing development. The role has a heavy focus on reducing waste, cost and inefficiencies, while creating standards, increasing value and employee engagement.
• Leads cost-out events and promotes culture of continuous improvement. Applies lean manufacturing techniques as means to eliminate waste and deliver products to customer’s expectations.
• Develops and maintains robust, cost-efficient manufacturing processes and product structures consistent with lean manufacturing practices, including implementation of automation and robotic technologies.
• Integrate equipment and systems by using Industry 4.0 methodologies.
• Independently designs and develops projects to support overall company objectives.
• Provide technical expertise to support daily operations to achieve significant improvement in production related objectives.
• Lead efforts to proactively identify process improvement including factory automation improvements
• Conceptualize, develop, and approve designs of special tools, assembly lines, machines, and gauges for manufacturing processes.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
• Three (3) years of engineering experience in manufacturing, assembly or machining production environment
• Relocation assistance will be provided for candidates that reside outside a 50-mile radius of Beaver, PA
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
• 5-7 years of engineering experience in manufacturing, assembly or machining production environment, including Automation & Robotics.
• Knowledge and experience in automation and robotics, including programming and Lean Manufacturing
• Experience in PLC logic and programming with PLCs, C(+) programming and configuration of software packages
• Experience with Industry 4.0 technologies
• Familiarity with problem solving methodologies, e.g., 8D, 5 Why, A3.
• Project management experience
• Ability to perform work with little or no direct supervision
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and facilitation skills.
• Results oriented candidate that can drive the necessary activities to get things accomplished.
• Ability to lead and work cross functionally
• Strong Communication and Presentation Skills.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.