2021 Vaccine Manufacturing Automation Co-op ( MERCUSR115181ENUS)
The Future Talent Program features co-operative assignments that last up to 6 months and will include one or more projects. These opportunities can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
This position will report to vaccine automation management and support ongoing operational activities. Given the close interaction with actual Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) manufacturing, candidates need to be prepared to comply with GMP gowning restrictions for some of their activities (e.g. – remove jewelry, remove make-up, remove false nails, etc.). Under the guidance of Department Management, the Vaccine Manufacturing Automation Co-op will:
- Complete a variety of automation projects in support of vaccine manufacturing at the Company's West Point, PA site.
- Work with computer simulation to test proposed changes before implementation in the manufacturing environment.
- Author new and update existing GMP documentation.
- Expect involvement with daily plant operation, including upgrades and maintenance support for manufacturing equipment and interaction with many other production support groups including technology, quality, planning, and validation
- Gain valuable understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), safety, environmental requirements and practical experience in equipment operation.
Required Education and Experience:
- Candidates must be pursuing a degree in Engineering, Business and Engineering, or a major within the College of Computing and Informatics.
- Candidates must be successful candidates will possess strong interpersonal and writing skills, with attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Candidates should have previous experience in the pharmaceutical industry is preferred but not required.
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Employee Status:Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)
Travel Requirements:No Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:Not Specified
Shift:1st - Day
Valid Driving License:No
Number of Openings:2