Manufacturing Quality Engineer ( R-00056911 )
Description: We are looking for a Manufacturing Quality Engineer who will maintain the Quality Management System (QMS) processes related to design and manufacturing activities while ensuring conformance to customer requirements. You must be a self-starting problem solver who will utilize your analytical skills to find innovative solutions to quality-related issues. In this role, you will support the production of Aviation Security Screening systems.
• Identify opportunities for improvement in manufacturing quality, optimization, and process standardization at our Vista, CA manufacturing facility
• Through defect analysis of customer and installation team feedback, work to review, categorize, and investigate and resolve manufacturing defects
• Develop and lead corrective actions for CARs
• Engineering Changes and Deviations review and authorization
• Perform configuration and Pre-FAT validation (PSQA), testing, acceptance
• Perform process audits to ensure that implemented process improvements are successful and being followed.
• Establish critical-to-quality production metrics
• Update procedures in accordance with developed manufacturing improvements.
• Provide engineering support for assigned projects
• Support QMS and documented procedures
• 4+ years of experience in Manufacturing or Quality Assurance
• Experienced in quality inspection systems and methods of identifying production non-conformances
• Working knowledge of Quality Management Systems and ISO9001:2015
• Ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and quickly resolve quality problems with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity
• Experience in project management
• Solid organizational skills, ability to work and interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
• Possess knowledge and experience with the manufacturing, inspection, and acceptance of Electro-mechanical systems and/or Printed Circuit Boards of varying complexities.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with interpersonal skills to partner, collaborate and build relationships with business partners
• Proficient in data analysis and reporting
• Familiar with Six-Sigma, SPC, and/ or Lean methodologies (certification in either is a plus)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.External Referral Bonus:EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%Clearance Level Required:Public TrustTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Testing and Quality AssurancePay Range: