CNC Programming Manufacturing Engineer (R452744)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.comWhy engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Who we want-
- Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Dedicated achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
What you will do-
You will independently design, develop and validate manufacturing processes for multiple NPI and insourcing projects. You will be accountable for designing, programing and optimizing process settings, planning and tracking process validation plans and equipment qualification, design transfer, and production hand off. You will also be tasked with production support such as machine and process trouble shooting.
- Use engineering drawings to program CNC part programs, work instructions and bill of materials for designed parts and assemblies
- Provide engineering support for new product and process introductions
- Lead or participate in continuous improvement activities
- Assist and/or train engineering technicians and operators on equipment and processes
- Be responsible for project management
What you need-
- Bachelor's degree required
- 4+ years of applicable experience required
- 2+ years of CNC programming experience required
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials, product and process design required
- Experience working in the medical technology or aerospace field -preferred
- Proficiency in multi axis CNC programming (5axis, Millturn and Swiss) -preferred
- Demonstrated use of quality tools (Statistics, Lean, Six Sigma, DOE, etc.) required
- Proficiency in GD&T -highly preferred
- Understanding of design for manufacturing (DFM), related statistical tools and validation/verification techniques -preferred
- Unigraphics NX/Mastercam and Swissturn experience -preferred
Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/