Senior Manufacturing Engineer (R449820)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Stryker’s Medical manufacturing facility is seeking to hire a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to support sustaining engineering efforts in Portage, Michigan.
Who we want-
- Self-directed initiators. People who take ownership of their work and need no prompting to drive productivity, change, and outcomes.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
- Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes – finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
What you will do-
- Collaborate with quality engineering to provide manufacturing support
- Be an equipment owner (including custom PLC equipment)
- Provide manufacturing engineering support to specific projects including change analysis, risk analysis and manufacturing readiness
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues relating to the safety, efficacy, quality, cost, or delivery, of components and finished devices
- Conduct qualification, verification and validation activities to produce medical devices
- Complete engineering work and contribute to new product development teams and product support, typically including the following activities: technology development, test of materials or products, preparation of specifications, six sigma, process studies, process improvements, and report preparation
- Design, procure and fabricate tooling and fixtures
- Design, document and improve manufacturing processes and operations that control the safety and efficacy of finished devices
- Train, develop and/or provide work direction to operators and technicians
- Participate on cross-functional project teams
- Coordinate, manage and document project work and progress and recommend appropriate revisions
- Participate in design control efforts related to risk analysis (failure mode and effect analysis) and design reviews
- Interface with product builders or extrusion technicians, production supervisors and engineers in troubleshooting problems on the production floor
- Identify and implement process/product improvement alternatives to increase/optimize yield, efficiency, throughput, and/or performance
- Design, develop, test, and validate equipment and processes; analyze and interpret process models and recommend process improvements
What you need-
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required; concentration in mechanical, industrial or manufacturing engineering - preferred
- 2+ years of related work experience required
- Manufacturing engineering in a FDA regulated environment - preferred
- Experience with controls, PLCs, and/or SQL -preferred
- Ability to read/understand engineering drawings on common engineering software - preferred
- Experience with Minitab or similar statistical software - preferred
- AutoCAD experience -preferred
- Experience using or understanding Lean tools/principals -preferred
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.