Sr. Manufacturing Engineer (R449883)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.comWhy engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Who we want-
- Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes – finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
- Strategic thinkers. People who enjoy analyzing data or trends for the purposes of planning, forecasting, advising, budgeting, reporting, or sales opportunities.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
What you will do-
As the Senior Manufacturing Engineer, you will develop, evaluate, implement and maintain manufacturing methods, operation sequences and processes to manufacture and/or assemble components and/or finished devices. This role specifically works on supporting a manufacturing transfer line. Adheres to quality and quantity standards and follows directions and blueprints to meet specifications. Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of the ME specialization with limited guidance from SMEs
- Evaluates blueprints for the processing of parts in order to ensure manufacturability.
- Identifies and manages cost reduction projects in support of goals.
- Identifies and implements ergonomic improvements.
- Supports new product development and ensures a smooth transition into operations.
- Identifies sources of waste in production and implements changes that drive cost, quality and delivery.
- Partners with operations, materials, AO, Product Engineering and other groups to solve manufacturing issues and drive customer satisfaction
- Works with limited supervision
- Committed to quality by striving for reliability and quality in our products, continuously researching ways to enhance performance
What you need-
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years experience
Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/