Analytics and Cognitive - Manufacturing Visualization Senior Consultant (56339)
- Function as integrators between business needs and technology solutions, helping to create technology solutions to meet clients' business needs.
- Defining systems strategy, developing system requirements, designing, prototyping, and testing custom technology solutions, and supporting system implementation.
Analytics & Cognitive
In this age of disruption, organizations need to navigate the future with confidence, embracing decision making with clear, data-driven choices that deliver enterprise value in a dynamic business environment.
The Analytics & Cognitive team leverages the power of data, analytics, robotics, science and cognitive technologies to uncover hidden relationships from vast troves of data, generate insights, and inform decision-making. Together with the Strategy practice, our Strategy & Analytics portfolio helps clients transform their business by architecting organizational intelligence programs and differentiated strategies to win in their chosen markets.
Analytics & Cognitive will work with our clients to:
- Implement large-scale data ecosystems including data management, governance and the integration of structured and unstructured data to generate insights leveraging cloud-based platforms
- Leverage automation, cognitive and science-based techniques to manage data, predict scenarios and prescribe actions
- Drive operational efficiency by maintaining their data ecosystems, sourcing analytics expertise and providing As-a-Service offerings for continuous insights and improvements
- 3+ years of relevant technology architecture consulting or industry experience to include: Analytics + Information Management experience (Business Intelligence Reporting, Data Warehouse/ETL), Data analysis experience with BI tools, Performance tuning of queries and report calculations
- At least 2 years hands-on working experience with Tableau or Power BI to include experience creating visuals, and building dashboards and customizations to meet the needs of the end-user
- 2+ years experience in understanding of best practices related to data visualization design, development, accessibility and interactivity
- At least 2 years experience in translating data from manufacturing operations events into a range of custom visualizations
- 2+ years experience in working with plant operations teams to uncover pain points and design meaningful and creative solutions
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional experience
- Limited sponsorship may be available
- Travel up 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Ability to drive insight by designing visualizations with logical and meaningful data flow
- Expertise in building data visualizations with a strong understanding of the appropriate chart types to use to highlight patterns in the data for unstructured and structured data sets
- Experience in data modeling, analysis, design, testing, development and implementation
- Experience in optimizing QlikView/Power BI dashboards with a focus on usability, performance, flexibility, testability, and standardization
- Experience developing dashboard wireframes and design requirements based on discussion with an understanding of technical and visual design considerations
- Understanding of the benefits of data warehousing, data architecture, data quality processes, data warehousing design and implementation, table structure, fact and dimension tables, logical and physical database design, data modeling, reporting process metadata, and ETL processes
- Experience designing and developing data cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking and matching
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization is preferred
- Hiring nationally