Manufacturing Engineer (R458586)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.comWhy engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Who we want-
- Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes – finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
- Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
What you will do-
You will focus on sustaining existing processes, increasing capacity, reducing scrap, improving safety, and implementing process improvements in a medical device manufacturing environment.
- Sustain existing manufacturing lines, specifically the maintenance of manufacturing fixtures and equipment
- Ensure manufacturing processes run consistently and meet performance targets by reducing costs, maximizing efficiency, and minimizing manufacturing loss
- Improve manufacturing processes by leveraging lean principles, good manufacturing practices and six sigma methodologies to reduce costs through the elimination of waste in the value stream
- Lead engineering projects and track project progress, present periodic status updates to key stakeholders and works to resolve obstacles
- Design, build and/or purchase fixtures, equipment and tools as needed to increase efficiency, ergonomics, safety, and quality
- Collaborate with other engineers to analyze manufacturing/assembly issues and identify, test and implement the most effective solutions in a timely manner
- Conduct equipment and process validations, qualifications and verifications
- Drive process change by initiating, executing and reviewing Engineering Change Orders
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement and provide support to internal customers in a variety of functional areas
- Collaborate with a cross functional teams to transfer new products into production by providing recommendations regarding product design, assembly techniques and manufacturing processes
What you need-
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required, preference of concentration in mechanical, electrical, industrial, or biomedical engineering
- 1+ years of relevant experience required
- Mechanical/electrical problem-solving skills required
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines required
- Experience with continuous process improvement and applying lean manufacturing techniques -preferred
- Medical device of other highly regulated industry experience -preferred
- CAD experience (CREO, SolidWorks) -preferred
- Automation experience -preferred
- LabVIEW experience -preferred
Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/