Intern- Manufacturing Engineer (R457907)
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all Stryker US employees effective January 4, 2022, as well as all new US employees joining our company. Fully vaccinated persons are those who are >=14 days post-completion of the primary series of an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine. If you are applying to a sales and field role which requires access to customer accounts as a function of your job, you may be required, depending on customer requirements, to obtain the COVID-19 vaccination before the January 4 effective date of Stryker's vaccine policy. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page.Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Support Manufacturing/Operations in the following areas: increase capacity, reduce scrap, improve safety, monitor existing processes, identify
and implement process improvements in a regulated medical device reprocessing environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and improve existing processes using Statistical, Lean,Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Six Sigma methodologies
- Effectively transfer new products, design changes or line extended devices onto the production floor
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement and provide support to customers in all functional areas
- Discuss progress and interim findings at periodic design/project review meetings
- Perform Failure Analyses (FAs) and improve Functionality/Performance of medical devices
- Implement process improvements and machining improvements on production lines
- Reduce Reject Rates(scrap)and optimize manufacturing processes
- Implement safety improvements on production lines
- Assist in the development and execution of technical protocols and, generation of reports
- Implement operating procedures, standard work, visual work instructions, and visual work references
- Assist with training to Production for all new product launches and design changes to existing products or processes
- Expectation of acquired knowledge of FDA/ISO requirements associated with the development of medical devices including Design Control
- Perform other duties as directed or assigned by Manager
Qualifications (Education, Certifications and/or Experience)
• Currently working on completion of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related field or equivalent; we will only consider students who plan be enrolled in a degree-seeking program after the summer
• Cumulative 3.0 GPA or above; must be the case at the date of hire and also will be verified during background check in the spring
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and not require employment-based sponsorship now or in the future.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Ability to exercise independent judgment
• Proficient on basic computer programs: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Proven leadership and business acumen skills
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About Stryker
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com