Manufacturing Team Leader (R459774)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.comWhy manufacturing at Stryker?
Are you interested in getting hands-on experience with products that are making an impact on people’s lives? As a member of our manufacturing team, that is exactly what you will do! At Stryker, you will join a team of amazing people who treat each other like family, while working with products that are improving and saving people’s lives. We have an award-winning culture and have been named the #1 Best Workplace in Manufacturing in the U.S. by Fortune for 3 years in a row!
Need another reason to apply? Here are 5 reasons to join our manufacturing team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/5-reasons-to-join-strykers-manufacturing-team
This document is not intended to represent a list that includes all job responsibilities, but to point out the essential functions of the position.
Responsible to meet daily production goals for the work station assigned. Prepares the workstations and makes necessary adjustments to machinery. Directs operators to follow directions and complete tasks according to established parameters.
- Coordinates the preparation of workstations and adjustments to machinery.
- Verify that all equipment is in good condition.
- Clean the work area and monitor that associates clean up their manufacturing area.
- Verify that work orders and procedures are where the product is being manufactured.
- Responsible for maintaining the flow of material in the assigned area.
- Responsible for meeting production targets on a daily basis.
- Alert and / or stop any process that may cause non-conformance to the condition of the product.
- Check that the daily output is as established in daily planning.
- Process tags and all required documentation as required.
- Responsible for ensuring that all documents in the manufacturing area are the current review.
- Continuously meet the standards required by ISO, QSR and to EHS policies.
- Meet the 5 pillars and "lean" manufacturing standards.
- Supports all initiatives to improve manufacturing efficiencies, such as continuous improvement, Kaizen Teian, among others.
- Report deficiencies to supervisor components and engineering staff.
- Influence; motivate employees assigned in your area to meet production goals.
- Q12 support initiatives undertaken by the Unit Supervisor.
- Keep teamwork among employees in the area.
- Follow the instructions given by the supervisor or leader of manufacturing.
- Read and interpret manufacturing procedures, specifications, drawings and quality criteria to train employees ensuring compliance with the requirements.
- Train new employees in procedures and / or manufacturing processes of production operations.
- Coordinates cross training between associates and work stations.
- Responsible to keep training records up to date.
- Prepare production reports.
Responsibilities of Environment, Health and Safety:
- Meet and ensure that coworkers follow the policies and procedures to prevent environmental and safety impacts.
- Actively participate in environmental and safety programs to achieve the defined goals and objectives for the area.
- Report any deviation from the environmental practices established by Supervisor or EHS Team Representative.
- Follow established procedures for responding to an emergency or to report an incident.
- Follow the procedures for transferring material / hazardous waste.
- Generates and manages hazardous waste strictly following the policies and practices of the company and the provisions established by federal law for handling hazardous waste.
- Participates in the development of environmental improvement projects and security, which involve reduce, minimize or eliminate environmental aspects and impacts in the working area.
- Minimize possible negative impacts to the environment and safety of operations and daily activities.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50lb. of force occasionally and / or up to 20lbs. of force frequently and / or to a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to work or assemble small objects or components.
- Must have a keen vision and demonstrate good skills / motor skills.
- Ability to understand, remember and apply the oral and / or written instructions or other information.
- Ability to understand, remember and communicate information from routine, in fact
- Observe and explain detailed instructions.
- Ability to make decisions that have a moderate impact on the immediate work unit.
- Successfully complete required documentation.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills in Spanish.
- Preferably with basic knowledge of English, reading and writing.
- Ability to use computer
- Knowing manufacturing operations; preferably in the area assigned
- Knowledge of products and processes of manufacturing area.
- 2 years (minimum) experience as a machine operator preferably
- 2 years (minimum) experience as an Associate Team Leader preferably.
Required Education and Trainings:
- High school diploma, preferably an Associate in related areas.
- Basic knowledge of SPC.
Technical knowledge in WEDM, Surface Preparation and Plasma
Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/