Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (R459800)
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, Stryker is encouraging US employees as well as all new US employees joining our company to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Today or in the future, vaccination may be a requirement based on the essential functions of the specific role or applicable regulations. Please refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements and timelines.Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Is the Subject Matter Expert across a number of Engineering competencies including Lean six sigma, manufacturing and automation. The Staff Engineer will provide technical leadership in the Stryker facility. They will possess and apply a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of a particular field of specialization and deliver complex assignments.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Management of significant Engineering projects through PMO.
- Provide Technical leadership from an engineering perspective.
- Ownership of the plant metrics from an engineering perspective.
- Technical and operational support to manufacturing operations.
- Ensure quality of process and product as defined in appropriate OS and Material specifications.
- Ownership of the FPY and MRB process.
- Structured problem solving.
- Continuously improve the performance of the process.
- Optimization of current floor space.
- Provide support to Process Development / Advanced Operations on technology development and application within the manufacturing process.
- Engage in the implementation of lean manufacture within manufacturing.
- Train and mentor Operators and Engineers.
- Interface with Materials Science, Design and Quality Assurance departments to provide customer with a quality product in a timely manner.
- Validation, Appraisal and support of suppliers, and raw material
- Support process development and cost reduction activities within the business units.
- Communicate and participate in system and process troubleshooting with support team members and with external agents.
- Providing development and guidance for assigned Co-op /Technician Engineers.
- Provide leadership to other Manufacturing Engineers and or Technicians as required.
- Provision of out-of-hours support to the business as required by management or as mandated by shutdowns and/or equipment failures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor 's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline or equivalent technical experience is required.
- Has minimum of 4 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
Additionally, you should have:
- Proven Project Management skills through the delivery of business critical projects.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with both internal and external agents. Capable of providing technical leadership and, influencing and providing technical direction to Engineers, Coop Students, Technicians and Operators as required.
- Capable of working as part of a multi-disciplined team in an aggressive, dynamic and results motivated environment
- Demonstrable strong analytical & problem solving skills, a process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Technological expert, willing to source, investigate and implement technological and automation advances
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About Stryker
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com