Engineer, Manufacturing (R464520)
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, Stryker is encouraging US employees as well as all new US employees joining our company to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Today or in the future, vaccination may be a requirement based on the essential functions of the specific role or applicable regulations. Please refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements and timelines.Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Who we want-
Analytical problem solvers: People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
Dedicated achievers: Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
Collaborative partners: People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
What you will do-
You will provide Engineering support to a process, project or function. This person knows and applies fundamental Engineering and Quality Management System concepts, practices and procedures.
- Providing basic design, technical and operational support to manufacturing processes in connection to the Quality System Improvement Plan.
- Drive Manufacturing Loss initiatives across the process
- Ensure quality of process and product as defined in appropriate Procedures and Material specifications.
- Ensure GMPs and system safety and promotes compliance.
- Participate in process change activities associated with process improvements
- Support capital acquisition activity from specifying equipment, contract negotiation, Installation and validation
- Interface with Operations, R&D, Design and Quality Assurance departments to provide customer with a quality product in a timely manner.
- Validation, Appraisal and support of process and material suppliers as required.
- Communicate and participate in system and process troubleshooting with support team members and with external agents.
- Participate in cross-functional and cross divisional process improvement initiatives.
- Provision of out-of-hours support to the business as required by management or as mandated by shutdowns and/or equipment failures.
- All other duties as assigned.
What you will need-
- Currently completing a college qualification in Level 8 engineering or science related discipline or has past equivalent technical experience.
- Experience in a regulated manufacturing environment an advantage.
- Broad general engineering acumen and familiarity with equipment's and manufacturing processes
- High level of PC Skills required.
- Flexibility essential.
- Strong communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Capable of working as part of a multi-disciplined team in a fast-paced regulated environment.
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem
- Solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively work cross-functionally
- Capable of working autonomously
- Fosters a working environment of continuous improvement
- Capable of training manufacturing team members
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About Stryker
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com