Manufacturing Training Manager (R1550746-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Manager of Training will manage the development, implementation and sustainability of quality and technical training solutions for Cell Therapy Manufacturing. This position will ensure employees and contract staff meet compliance requirements relating to knowledge, skill and practices necessary for her/his job performance and that they remain prepared to perform assigned tasks.
- Develops and executes Training strategy – including working with stakeholders to determine learning needs and priorities and provides appropriate training to meet those learning needs.
- Develops training resources within functional departments to be able to identify and solve learning needs.
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise on necessary Learning Management Systems.
- Evaluate training needs and participates in the development and delivery of training materials, for network initiatives, including but not limited to Quality and GMP functions as needed.
- Maintain and improve onboarding experience in alignment with network deliverables
- Manages and develops direct reports by facilitating on-going performance management activities. Leads team members, fosters professional development and growth, and promotes teamwork and cross-functional collaboration.
- Develop training materials, in collaboration with SMEs, for existing employees ensuring all aspects of job responsibilities and expectations are met to improve efficiency, effectiveness and compliance and address gaps appropriately.
- Provide guidance and information to leadership on recommended training programs, curricula and training material development, and learning assignments
- Manage projects and training initiatives which directly support Network and GxP initiatives, to effectively implement strategic business objectives in driving quality, compliance and safety.
- Accountable for aligning across the training/learning network.
- Support policy and procedural changes and manual design to improve the quality of the department, to include scheduled review of all existing documentation, guidelines and materials. Evaluate and report on effectiveness of the changes.
- Develop and oversee departmental strategy and goals in alignment with Network strategies.
- Work as a training and competency expert with various teams and clients developing training material via eLearning, video, and other presentations.
- Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of adult learning and course design generally attained through studies resulting in a Bachelor’s degree in education, instructional design, instructional technology, a related discipline or its equivalent or relevant working experience. Masters degree in a development/training discipline is preferred.
- Biotech/pharmaceutical/GMP industry or experience in a highly regulated environment strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of ELMS and eLearning tools
- Extensive knowledge of SOPs and cGMP’s and the know-how to work and manage within a regulated environment
- Strong change management skills and demonstrated ability to simplify and improve business processes
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to motivate and manage a team with matrix reporting relationships
- Adaptable to a fast paced, complex and ever-changing business environment
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent verbal communication, documentation and technical writing skills
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.