Senior Manager, Upstream Biologics Manufacturing (R1558482-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Upstream Senior Manager leads the team responsible for the execution of large-scale commercial manufacturing processes according to established electronic work instructions and production records for the manufacture of therapeutic proteins in accordance with Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s). The Senior Manager is responsible for technical and career development of their team, and maintaining a culture of Compliance, Safety and Accountability. The Senior Manager is required to guide their team with operational and technical knowledge to lead troubleshooting activities, provide investigation support, analyze process/equipment data, and identify / implement process improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to lead manufacturing operations teams to achieve objectives. Acts to promote a safe, compliant, productive and cooperative climate. Helps to promote team effectiveness by engaging in a trusting, supportive partnership with others. Encourages or facilitates a beneficial resolution of purpose. Resolve conflicts in a constructive manner that allows win/win solution
- Leads one or more operational groups, ensuing department goals and metrics are meeting or exceeding expectations. Identifies deficiencies, creates and executes action plans to mitigate issues. Drives site schedule by prioritizing resources/activities for manufacturing and support functions.
- Takes an active role in developing less experienced Managers and Technical leads. This includes leveraging both internal and external relationships to build the best team possible.
- Leads response to any developing issues and escalates as appropriate. Initiates response team for critical issues, managing team progress and providing detailed Tier communication upwards, downward and across the teams.
- Manages performance. Provide coaching, mentoring and development of staff. Conducts powerful conversations and provides meaningful and actionable feedback for staff growth and development. Executes all phases of the performance review process with diligence and on time.
- Develops operational schedule in conjunction with scheduling and planning team. Drives increased scheduled adherence and cycle time.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and coordinate activities within and across work groups; able to anticipate priority differences and issues and resolves these before problems occur, exceeds desired results.
- Drives continuous improvements through staff engagement. Develops stretch goals and uses effective motivation techniques to achieve them. Able to effectively lead cross functional teams, and acts as an Upstream Commercial Operations SME / consultant to project teams as needed.
- Provides shift continuity and communication across first and second shifts. Provides on call support for the manufacturing team, including night and weekend calls when your shifts are working.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.