Sr. Manager, IT Manufacturing Automation
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Senior Manager, IT Manufacturing Automation is accountable for the performance of all automated manufacturing technology. This position leads the Automation Engineering Team in providing technical leadership and support to the Phoenix manufacturing operations including corrective actions, root cause analysis, and long-term preventative actions. This leader will serve as the subject matter expertise for Automation Engineering at the Phoenix Site and will build expertise within the team. The position works closely with Manufacturing, Quality, CSV, and Project Management teams to ensure reliable production of our medicines and effectively maintain a GMP environment. The Senior Manager will also work with the Liquid Filling Expansion (LiFE) project team to build robust transition plans to support the future Biologics manufacturing capability.
- Manage performance of all manufacturing automation technology to enable fast, reliable production with the highest standards of quality
- Lead and manage the site Automation Engineering Team by applying skills as a seasoned, experienced engineering professional
- Coordinate technical activities that directly support the manufacturing operations with a Right-the-First-Time mindset
- Develop, coach, and mentor team members to help them reach their highest potential
- Quickly resolve and correct issues to minimize disruptions to manufacturing and implement corrective actions to prevent future issues
- Challenge the status-quo and lead with innovative ideas and solutions that support continuous improvement
- Provides on-the-floor and on-site trouble shooting and technical support to manufacturing operations as required
- Facilitate deviation prevention and timely deviation closures
- Own and/or lead change controls, CAPA’s, and improvements related to manufacturing GMP systems
- Review, update, and maintain necessary SOP’s and documentation
- Foster strong inter-team relationships that will translate strategy into actions
- Effectively drive a tier communication process that drives appropriate actions and escalations using a tier communication methodology
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or Engineering discipline with 10-12 years of experience or equivalent
- Working experience and knowledge in a pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical environment preferred
- Strong background and experience with Emerson, Rockwell Automation, PLC, and similar equipment interfaces and IT applications
- Strong background or knowledge of computer system validation methodologies
- Proven leadership capabilities within a technical IT or Engineering team
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels
- Excellent collaboration, team building, and communication skills
- Strong business and technical acumen, strategic agility, and global perspective to lead teams to world-class performance
- Global experience and ability to adapt and effectively manage in various cultural environments and organizational levels
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.