Manager, Upstream Commercial Manufacturing (Night Shift)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
**This is a rotating 12 hour position (5pm-5am), therefore eligible for a 20% shift differential
- Leads the operation of all area specific production equipment (i.e. CIP systems, bioreactors, chromatography systems, media/buffer preparation equipment etc.), process automation systems (i.e. Delta V and Syncade Interactions, OSI/Pi Historian) and supporting business systems (i.e. SAP. Trackwise, Maximo etc.).
- Takes active role in selecting and developing team. This includes leveraging relationships internal and external to the LSCC manufacturing team to build the best team possible.
- Takes active role in developing less experienced Technical leads and leads selection and development of own team.
- Ensures team adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices and standard operating procedures.
- Ensures daily work coordination and distribution of work as demanded through VirtECS schedule – work assignment to team members to accomplish the production schedule
- Manage daily communication to shift personnel and drives shift huddles and supports functional team meetings. Provides shift handover support in working with other shift supervisor/manager.
- Ensures oversight for critical operations through systematic walk down and checks prior to execution advance. Review critical attributes and drive decisions.
- Manage to schedule and plan. Recognize impact for cross functional impact. Any variance to be captured and communicated to cross functional groups in real time
- Act as an area/system owner – a point of contact for all work to be carried out for the area over assigned shift
- Build partnership with assigned technical lead to ensure daily data review and trends accomplished
- Provide critical communications upwards, downward and across as deemed fit
- Manage decisions– acquire feedback, input, and consult as require
- Ensure shift notes communication – accuracy and completeness
- Provide critical update summary to the staff following shift exchange
- Provide coaching, mentoring and development of staff. Manage performance.
- Develops operational schedule in conjunction with scheduling and planning team. Drives increased scheduled adherence.
- Drives continuous improvements through staff engagement
- Accountable for the preparation of performance connections objectives and for the mid-year and EOY performance connection review process.
- Demonstrated ability to lead manufacturing operations teams to achieve objectives.
- Acts to promote a productive and cooperative climate. Helps to promote team effectiveness by engaging in a trusting, supportive partnership with others. Encourages or facilitates a beneficial resolution of purpose. Resolve conflicts in a constructive manner that allows win/win solution.
- Participates in the budget development process; effectively controls the controllable expenses (OT, Supplies, T&E) within their influence.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Knowledge of science generally attained through studies resulting in a B.S., in science, engineering, biochemistry or related discipline, or its equivalent is highly desired.
- Direct biologic manufacturing experience of 6+ years with minimum of 2+ years of previous supervisory experience which demonstrates proficiency in selection of team and effectively managing personnel issues is highly desired.
- Extensive knowledge of SOPs and cGMPs and the know–how to work and manage within a regulatory environment.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing process with participation in pharmaceutical technology, technology transfer, process development, manufacturing support.
- Demonstrated aptitude for engineering principles and manufacturing automation systems.
- Adaptable to a fast paced, complex and ever-changing business environment.
- Effective communication and technical writing skills with support groups in the coordinating system to obtain needed cooperation and support as required in a timely and effectively manner.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.