Manufacturing Supervisor (R1553526-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Manufacturing Supervisor leads and drives the execution of manufacturing processes according to established electronic work instructions and production records for the manufacture of cell therapies with Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s). The Shift Supervisor is responsible for leading a team whose primary focus is on execution of manufacturing processes, technical assessment of processes, maintaining a culture of compliance, innovation, and within their functional group. Supervisors are required to guide the personnel in their group with knowledge and technical knowledge to lead troubleshooting activities, provide investigation support, analyze process/equipment data, and identify and implement process improvements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct oversight of the execution of manufacturing unit operations. These operations include but are not limited to the use of the following equipment and or systems: i.e. bioreactors, cell washers, cell separators.), process automation systems (i.e. Unicorn and BAS) and supporting business systems (i.e. Oracle, ETQ, BMRAM).
- Drives right first time (RFT) culture and executes manufacturing unit operations by providing direct training, guidance, and problem solving.
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of Standard Work in all functional areas.
- Takes an active role in hiring, managing and developing employees.
- Provides coaching, mentoring and ensures team adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices and standard operating procedures.
- Ensures daily work coordination and distribution as demanded through the production schedule.
- Responsible for maintaining schedule adherence and cycle time. Reports variances and communicates impact to cross functional groups. Manage daily communication to shift employees.
- Supports and drives shift huddles and functional team meetings.
- Act as an area/system owner – a point of contact for all work to be carried out for the area over assigned shift and ensures a proper shift handover and tier three communication working with other shift team members.
- Build partnerships with cross functional department teams.
- Provide critical communications upwards, downward and across as deemed fit, manage decisions– acquire feedback, input, and consult as required.
- Provide critical update summaries and review critical attributes to drive decisions.
- Drives continuous improvements through staff engagement and demonstrates the ability to lead manufacturing operations teams to achieve objectives.
- Is a role model of the JuMP culture which focuses on right first time, patients, and collaboration.
- May resolve personnel conflicts in the workplace.
- Effectively controls the controllable expenses (OT, Supplies, T&E) within their influence.
- Owns and executes OpEx initiatives including 5S.
- Owns start phase of deviations that occur in functional area on shift.
- Provides direct audit support.
- Acts as a consultant to project teams.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred. Minimum of high school diploma and/or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5+ years of relevant manufacturing experience.
- Prefer minimum of 2 years leadership experiences including the management of direct reports.
- Demonstrated proficiency in selection of team and effectively managing personnel issues is highly desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of SOPs and cGMPs and the know–how to work and manage within a regulatory environment.
- Demonstrates aptitude for engineering principles and manufacturing systems.
- Adaptable to a fast paced, complex and ever-changing business environment.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.