Manufacturing & Material Process Support Technician
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.Position: Manufacturing Material Process Support Technician Location: Humacao, Puerto Rico
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Responsible to coordinate the request, receive and dispatch of all the raw materials and finished goods. Support cleaning operations, room preparations, and auxiliary manufacturing processes.
This position must comply with all Security Guidelines, Environmental Health and Safety regulations and the current Good Manufacturing Practices required by the job function.
- This is a list — style: List Paragraph.
- Coordinates the request and receiving of all raw materials/packaging components and miscellaneous with the Central Warehouse according to the Pharma Production Schedules, using the inventory control system and the Electronic Batch Record System.
- Identifies, storages and dispatches raw materials/products/packaging components.
- Keeps inventory of each manufacturing staging areas and manually monitors environmental conditions on designated areas.
- Generates Transfer Requirements (TR), Transfer Orders (TO) documents using SAP system, and Inventory Adjustments on the Inventory Control system and the Electronic Batch Controls material flow of raw materials, finished good, samples, reject, and waste.
- Requests and receives uniforms and gowning supplies for new/ACTIVE employees.
- Provide support to Manufacturing and Packaging roles by: performing intra-building material handling, performing cleaning tasks for rooms and equipment, material reconciliation, drums preparation for weighing, compression, coating and printing operations and performing minor manufacturing operation like milling, blending, solution preparation, bulk drum packaging, and packaging component feeding.
- Inspects and maintains, daily, the Forklift equipment in operating conditions as per safety rules and procedures.
- Maintain the building 5S program and housekeeping standard.
- Notify immediate supervisor of any inconsistencies or violations to Company operation procedures and policies.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor Degree or Associate Degree with one (1) year experience in Warehousing Material Handling in the pharmaceutical environment or in one (1) of the following manufacturing technology areas: dispensing, granulation, roller compaction, compression, coating, bottle packaging, or High School Diploma with three (3) years of experience in Warehousing Material Handling in the pharmaceutical environment or one (1) of the following manufacturing technology areas: dispensing, granulation, roller compaction, compression, coating, bottle packaging, or cGMP warehousing
- Excellent Mathematical Skills
- Knowledge in computers and/or Electronic Batch Records
- Driver’s License
- Basic knowledge in computerized systems
- Capacities to coordinate, evaluate, calculate, and classify raw materials.
- Capacity to work under time pressure.
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Heavy work (25-60 pounds) that requires eye-hand coordination and moving about capacity.
- Requires movements of objects such as lifting, carrying; pushing and pulling. It Involves body movements such as handling and, fingering.
- Ability to Operate Forklift and Pallet Jack
Why You Should Apply
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusio
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.