Forklift Technician (2nd Shift, Mon-Fri)
Help us help our customers realize their dreams of a beautiful home!
Join The #1 Furniture Company – Join The #1 Furniture Brand
Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world. Established in 1945, Ashley offers one of the industry’s broadest product assortments to retail partners in 123 countries.
Using our internationally acclaimed in-house design team, we create the look without paying expensive design fees. Then, by adhering to some of the most efficient production standards in the world, we can maximize productivity and minimize waste, generating additional savings for you. Finally, all orders are filled from strategically located regional warehouses and are serviced by our own fleet of trucks, the largest in the industry.
Material Handling Equipment Technician
The PIV Maintenance Technician will provide preventive maintenance in support of department and company goals. This position will conduct preventive maintenance processes and procedures while providing the necessary technical expertise that achieves and increasingly affecting operation.
- Upkeep, maintenance, and repair of all PIV equipment
- Effectively manage conflicting priorities for PIV repair
- Work closely with all supervisors and managers to ensure all troubleshooting equipment errors will be corrected quickly
- Oversee PIV preventive maintenance for entire facility
- Order all necessary supplies from approved vendors through MRO purchasing, coordinate urgency, and priority with purchasing
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 2-year degree in an electrical-mechanical or similar focus, preferred
- Prior experience with PIV maintenance
- Well-rounded electrical and mechanical background
- Electrical experience including repairs of broken wires, fatigues switches, etc.
- Knowledge of working with hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Ability to use all shop tools, and testing and measuring equipment
- Ability to run an electric meter
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits!
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.