Eaton’s IndustrialVEH sector is currently seeking a Production Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Athens, GA location. The payrate will be $19.00/hr.
Operates safely and efficiently various manufacturing and CNC equipment and related systems. Ensures compliance with all quality standards of finished parts produced. Operates manufacturing equipment to permit high rates of efficiency and a safe working environment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Comply with all standard EHS practices and guidelines, and all Company guidelines and policies.
- Monitor and maintain efficient manufacturing equipment, manual and automatic gauging systems, and material handling systems operations. Perform all checking and gauging functions to ensure machines are running within specifications. Operate multiple machines simultaneously.
- Perform adjustments to machine operation to ensure parts are within allowable tolerances including performing adjustments and offsets to machines and monitor conditions of tooling and wheels.
- Perform machine changeovers, and change tool inserts as needed.
- Identify potential equipment problems and report potential equipment problems to maintenance. Work directly with other Line Personnel, Maintenance, Quality Assurance and Leadership Team members to problem solve and correct production-related issues.
- Comply with all IATF16949 standards and quality requirements, including visual requirements. Stop and correct job operation if product quality is affected negatively.
- Maintain an organized, clean, and safe work area including equipment. Adhere to Eaton’s 5S+ Workplace Organizational Program. Perform operator-related preventative maintenance and cleaning as required.
- Follow procedures for maintaining machine fluids and procedures for proper management of waste products.
- Assist and provide necessary training to current and new associates.
- Complete all other duties as required.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- High school diploma or equivalent,
- 1 year of manufacturing experience.
- Working knowledge of production equipment and CNC machinery. Ability to run, set-up and change-over equipment.
- Personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves, apron, and chemical face shield.
- MSDS sheets.
- Lockout/tag-out equipment.
- Hand tools, blue prints, diagrams, schematics, measuring instruments and gauges, calipers, micrometers, comparators, and equipment operations manuals.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No