Manufacturing Technician I- 1st Shift
Eaton’s Mission Systems is currently seeking a Manufacturing Technician I to join our 1st Shift team. This position is based at our Orchard Park, NY facility.
The Manufacturing Technician I is responsible for performing assembly and test processes on aerospace hardware. Development of hardware, creating functional test setups, working with various high-pressure gases, and initiating engineering collaboration to successfully deliver quality aerospace components and systems. This role is responsible for communicating and coordinating with the Production Supervisor regarding specific production needs (part availability, equipment, production status, and schedule updates) to ensure on-time delivery. This role will perform assembly and testing of production hardware within the confines of the systems and procedures and the certified operator system.
In this function you will:
- Perform manufacturing processes following written instructions under close supervision
- Perform work on production hardware following detailed instructions and raise concerns about product quality or safety to Production Support Technicians and Production Supervisors
- Document test results on data sheets or record test data in electronic data collection system.
- Verify calibrated equipment, material with expiration dates and written instructions are up to date and accurate prior to use in production.
- Properly manage the traceability of numerous components to ensure assembly accuracy.
- Work in partnership with all Manufacturing Technicians and Engineering function to identify improvement opportunities, resulting in a decrease of lead time, cost savings, elimination of waste, or safety improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum of 1 year of manufacturing experience OR 1 year of military experience OR 1 year of relevant experience.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Orchard Park, NY to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Associates Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Technology.
- Assembly & Test experience in a Clean manufacturing environment.
- Some knowledge of electrical equipment. i.e., power supplies, ohm and volt meters, oscilloscopes, and data acquisition systems.
- Basic knowledgeable in standard manufacturing practices and the use of common assembly tools.
- Ability to perform standard product testing using dedicated test equipment and following written acceptance test documents.
- Obtain and maintain Certified Operator Status following site guidelines.
- Responsible for ensuring that compliance with Environmental, Health, and Safety standards are met in the areas you are working.
Why work at Eaton? We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER MSD Mission System Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No