Manufacturing Technician II (MCC Final) 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Manufacturing Technician II to join our 2nd Shift team. This position is based at our Fayetteville, NC facility.
This Manufacturing Technician II will assemble, fit and mount sub-assemblies, components, and standard and near standard fixed assemblies in Motor Control Centers, Enclosed Control and related assemblies and sub-assemblies. Perform assembly required for test preparation and final inspection. Assemble and wire units, relay panels, panel boards, space heaters, and control panels. Bend and install power cable and leads, fabricate pre-cable unit, panel and MTB harnesses, and power leads. Use established power checking procedures and equipment to verify electrical/mechanical integrity of units assembled. Stage parts for customer orders.
In this function you will:
- Work from oral or written instructions from supervision and/or prints, inspection reports, manufacturing information sheets, and standard or near standard wiring diagrams.
- Utilize manufacturing information sheets, determine necessary parts, write requisitions, and obtain materials from stock areas.
- Read shop orders and drawings to determine assembly procedures such as component types and configuration, mounting locations and clearances required.
- Assemble and fit parts and components to form sub-assemblies, or completed assemblies.
- Assemble and wire control devices, cutting wires to length.
- Make adjustments to insure correct alignment and clearances.
- Install units, pan assemblies and cover up steel, meters, kirk keys, pull boxes, reactors, relays, fuses, MTB assemblies, panel boards, space heaters, transformers, etc. by mounting / bolting into place. Assemble and install bus work such as lug adapters, cross over bus, splices, etc.
- Make pre-bent cable unit, MTB and control panel harnesses using pre-cable boards, control panels and hand crimp lugs if necessary. Cut, install and connect wire and/or cable in units where circuitry requires additional relays, timers, fuses, etc. Cut, form and connect control wire, power wire and cable, point to point on units, relay panels, control panels, and space heaters.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of this location
- Manufacturing or production experience preferred
- A basic understanding of electrical / electronic concepts and ability to read and understand standard electrical control circuits.
Why work at Eaton? We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No