Additive Manufacturing Technician
Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking an Additive Manufacturing Technician to join our team. This
position is based at our Charleston, SC location.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment
where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Operate and maintain additive manufacturing machines to maximize machine up-time and production throughout.
- Preform durring, buffing and part cleaning operations.
- Meet both quality and schedule expectations.
- Track related consumable supplies and alert Responsible personnel if additional supplies required (procurement and maintenance of powders, hand tooling, build plates, process gas quality, filters, etc.)
- Collaborate with team on AM process improvements.
- Follow standardized file systems, traceability documentation for all machine related repair/anomaly reported incidents.
- Maintain all AM ancillary equipment and document accordingly.
- Additive Machine diagnostics and machine operation troubleshooting.
- Perform additional post-processing steps of completed AM jobs (will include a wide array of tasks such as cleaning, surface treatments, part separation, machining and various manual processes.
- Work closely with engineers on pilot programs to develop safe and robust practices to support future production.
- Fulfill the requirements of the Quality Policy and Quality Management System
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment adhering to 5S Principle
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience working in a technical function in a manufacturing environment
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Charleston, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience settting up and operating CNC machines
- Experience with inspection equipment and gaging methods such as calipers, micrometers, CMMs etc.
- Advance process development experience
- Prior setup machinist experience
- Journeyman’s Toolmaker Certification
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No