Graphics and Production Specialist "Copier Technician" (Top Secret Clearance Required)
Work Where it Matters
Suvi, an Akima company, is not just another federal mission services contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At Suvi, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders, Suvi provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers, Suvi delivers subject matter experts, an agile management approach, and innovative technologies that accomplish customers’ missions safely, securely, and efficiently.
As a Suvi employee, you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
Suvi Global Services, an Akima Company, offers subject matter experts from policy to practice, an agile management approach, and innovative technologies at the ready—transforming our customers’ missions safely, securely, and efficiently. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to innovation, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company’s profits go back to our more than 14,000 Iñupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
The Graphics and Production Specialist will be responsible for processing graphics design layout projects. The project complexity shall range from very rudimentary, routine single color to complex four-color process publications. Graphic Designers may receive requests for graphics and displays, perform research based upon the primary use of the material printed.
- Prepares duplication of Books, Booklets, Brochures, Trifolds, Cards, Posters and Reports with the conversion of graphics publication page layouts to conform to printing standards.
- Prepare pre-flight files for high-speed copiers.
- Will utilize computer applications, to covert files to PDF’s, as well as, page duplication using Xerox copying equipment to include Iridesse, Xerox Versant V180P, and a Kodak Digimaster HD150.
- Will operate Print shop equipment, including but not limited to: Kodak I4600 Color Scanner, HP L570 and HP L360 large format printer, Iridesse Copier, Makeready Scanner, Free Flow Scanner and Epson 9880, 9870 large format printersPrepares technical and non-technical visual presentations through designing art and copy layouts for publication.
- Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment.
- Responsible for successful computer application file conversion to PDF's as well as page duplication
- Knowledge of layouts for booklet cutting and binding operations.
- Will utilize prepress software, such as Kodak Smartboard to include the latest version, Fiery Command Workstation latest version, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Publisher, MS Excel and Adobe Acrobat InDesign Creative Suite and PageMaker.
- Printing posters, retirement boards and photos from large format printers listed above.
- Operate coil binding equipment to include a GBC Digicoil Inserter, GBC Magnapunch, and a GBC CI-12 Desktop Coil Inserter and crimper.
- Additional duties as needed.
- Must have an Active Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Certified copier technician with one (1) year of experience in duplicating Books, Booklets, Brochures, Trifolds, Cards, Posters, Reports and Graphics and converting graphics publication page layouts to conform to printing standards, and pre-flighting files for press work and high-speed copiers.
- Must be able to make computer application file conversion to PDF.
- Must be able to duplicate pages using Xerox copying equipment to include Iridesse,
- Knowledge of layouts for booklet cutting and binding operations. Familiarity with aspects of the Print Shop equipment, to include the following large format printers: HP L570 and HP L360, Epson 9880 and Epson 9870.
- Knowledge of PageMaker large format printer, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Publisher.
- Working knowledge of the various types of paper used in the printing industry and must also be able to identify the types of stock that are used within the print shop and make decisions necessary to complete requests.
- Familiarity with aspects of the Print shops equipment, to include the following large format printers. (HP L570, HP L360, Epson 9880, Epson 9870)
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Suvi Global Services
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: SUV00283