Manufacturing Technician II
Eaton’s IS AER MSD division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Technician II.
The hours for this role are 6:00am -3:30pm
The hourly rate for this position is $24.09 per hour.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
Manufacturing technicians are responsible for performing assembly and test processes on aerospace hardware. Development of hardware, creating functional test setups, working with various high pressure gases, and initiating engineering collaboration to successfully deliver quality aerospace components and systems. Technicians are Responsible for communicating and coordinating with the Production Supervisor regarding specific production needs (part availability, equipment, production status, and schedule updates) to ensure on-time delivery. Perform assembly and testing of production hardware within the confines of the systems and procedures and the certified operator system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Perform manufacturing processes on complex/routine assemblies under close supervision and follow standard processes/written instructions.
• Knowledge of standard manufacturing practices and the use of common assembly tools.
• Capability to work independently on production hardware following company policies and processes and raise concerns about product quality or safety to Production Support Technicians and Production Supervisors.
• Ability to perform product testing using high pressure test equipment while following written acceptance test documents.
• Document test results on data sheets or record test data in electronic data collection system.
• Perform routine and some complex troubleshooting on production hardware and test equipment.
• Verify calibrated equipment, material with expiration dates and written instructions are up to date and accurate prior to use in production.
• Properly manage the traceability of numerous components to ensure assembly accuracy.
• Work in partnership with all Manufacturing Technicians and Engineering to Identify improvement opportunities, resulting in a decrease of lead time, cost savings, elimination of waste, or safety improvement
• Obtain and maintain Certified Operator Status following site guidelines
• Responsible for ensuring that compliance with Environmental, Health, and Safety standards are met.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum of 2 years Aerospace manufacturing OR military experience OR 3 years of relevant manufacturing experience
• US Citizen or Permanent Resident
• Associates Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Technology
• Assembly & Test experience in an explosives manufacturing environment
• Electronics assembly and Inspection experience (Certified in J-STD-001 and or IPC-A-610)
• Basic understanding of Lean, Six Sigma, Cellular Manufacturing, One Piece Flow, and Continuous Improvement concepts
• Good understanding of electrical equipment. i.e. power supplies, ohm and volt meters, oscilloscopes and data acquisition systems.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.