Production Maintenance Technician (26078)
Amentum is seeking an advanced Production Maintenance technician to join our 1st shift team of multi-skilled technicians in a manufacturing facility in Waukesha, WI. Work hours for each shift may vary based on critical business demands, and may include Saturday hours as needed to support production.
The production maintenance mechanic is responsible for providing an advanced level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive and corrective maintenance on the production equipment and systems in an industrial manufacturing environment.
Provides instruction, mentors and trains less skilled technicians as needed. Effectively communicates with the site management team and the customer to understand requirements, solve complex electrical problems, and provide solutions to manufacturing problems.
The Production Maintenance Mechanic must have the ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures. General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots automated Fanuc robotic systems, Hydraulic Presses, pneumatic and/or hydraulic systems, and conveyor systems.
- Conduct preventive maintenance inspections and perform required preventative maintenance actions such as lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, alignments, etc.
- Troubleshoots and repairs heat exchange equipment.
- Utilizes meggers, voltmeters, multi-meters, etc.
- Performs plumbing and hydraulic hose repairs.
- Troubleshoots and repairs basic electrical issues.
- Safely operates fork-lifts, hoists and cranes.
- Utilizes safe rigging and lifting techniques.
- Performs preventive maintenance on process/production equipment as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tag out procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment, yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer .
- High School diploma or GED
- Five years of experience performing mechanical maintenance on industrial manufacturing process / production equipment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot robotics, pumps, bearings, blowers, fans, gearboxes, air handlers, and other equipment
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- Ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Associate’s degree or trade school certification in Industrial Mechanical, Industrial Technology, or a related program.
- Experience maintaining a Fanuc robotics automated production line, including specialized hydraulic presses, and driven conveyor systems.
- Experience troubleshooting CNC machine tools, included but not limited to: Mazak, Heller, Masco, IMPCO, Rosama and Toyoda.
- Experience trouble shooting robotic systems, such as Fanuc, ABB, etc.
- Experience with alignments and timing machines using precision calibration tools.Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing pumps, motors, gearboxes, supply and exhaust fans, power transmission components, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Experience using measurement tools such as micrometers, dial indicators, various type gauges, and calibers to set tolerances to OEM Specifications.
- Experience performing pipefitting, welding, fabrication, and millwright related work.
- Experience utilizing a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System).
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.