Production Maintenance Technician (23670)
Amentum is seeking a third shift Industrial Maintenance Technician to join our team of multi-skilled technicians in Winston Salem, NC off of Union Cross Rd. Typical work hours 11:00pm – 7:30 a.m Sun-Thurs. Hours may vary based on business demand, with overtime as necessary.
The Industrial Maintenance Mechanic must have the ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures. General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Operates, maintains, and repairs all facility and production associated equipment in compliance with all company regulations and standards.
- Analyzes equipment failures, inspects, replaces, alters, and maintains in good repair all building and production services and related equipment.
- Performs planned maintenance on all building equipment and related services for specific area while being sensitive and responsive to customer needs.
- Performs trouble-shooting techniques on mechanical equipment such as CNC machine tools, pumps, agitators, hydraulic systems, compressed air and other gas equipment and distribution systems to determine problems and effect repairs as promptly and efficiently as possible to minimize downtime.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections, sump clean out, lubrication, adjustments, and alignments.
- Develops and implements planned maintenance procedures, performs job estimates, maintains spare parts inventory. Keeps stock persons informed as to parts consumed from inventory.
- Assists in installing, inspecting new equipment and servicing installations.
- Provides support to co-workers, contractors, vendors, project managers, building managers, and engineers as necessary to support project and renovation work.
- Complies with all governmental, company, and industrial regulations, codes, and standards, health safety practices, and permit systems.
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Three years of maintenance experience in one of the following trades, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience: Paint line maintenance and repair, Industrial Mechanical Machine Repair, or Automotive Repair.
- Ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Associate’s degree or trade school certification in Industrial Mechanical, HVAC, or a related field.
- Experience with paint line.
- Experience working safely with 480 volt 3 phase electrical systems.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing industrial facility mechanical equipment, including vacuum systems and RO/DI water systems.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing large commercial or industrial HVAC/R equipment.
- Experience maintaining basic plumbing needs.
- Working knowledge of all types and kinds of hand and power tools, air measuring instruments, various refrigeration equipment, various electrical meters, meggers, and shop equipment.
- Experience working in a CMMS environment.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends. Work schedules can change based on critical business needs.