Manufacturing Technician (R449821)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
This is a 2nd shift position:
Provides technical support to engineers and scientists on a variety of technical tasks. Develops and recommends procedures and methods and prepares technical reports and documentation. Performs technical evaluations of events to determine root cause; recommends corrective action. Responsibilities are within the Technical Specialty/Skilled Trade Function as a generalist or in a combination of Disciplines.
Independently responsible for providing technical support and coverage for the equipment within Stryker Medical Plant. Responsible for the safe and efficient day-to-day production and project execution as it relates to process development, equipment downtime, process improvements and equipment commissioning
• Actively lead cleanliness and 6S standards team (includes desks, work benches, tooling and equipment, machines, etc.)
• Documents safety and 6S concerns within immediate area and plant-wide production area
• Ensuring compliance with established regulatory and quality, legal, corporate, and human resources policies and procedures.
• Work with minimal direct supervision to accomplish technical production support tasks and troubleshooting
• Execute and own transformational projects for cost, quality, process improvements within operations, maintenance and engineering
• Work closely with engineering and operation teams to recommend, specify and implement upgrades, replacements and new equipment purchases
• Documents results of all projects, providing in depth analysis on improvements and opportunities and communicates to team leader and team members as needed
• Partner with advanced operations as needed to complete one-off requests in regard to prototypes, fixtures, tooling and process development
• Work directly with vendors on tooling, process improvements for existing or new applications
• Assist in material flow layouts and part/fixture/tooling racking solutions within the plant
• Specify tooling for new or existing processes, work closely with MPLs to guide orders and tooling sustainment
• Provide mentoring to other process specialists and MPLs within Medical facility to expand knowledgebase of technical processes
• Consults and acts as liaison of operations and engineering team with advanced operations to design and plan solutions for implementing new technology on production floor
• Trains on existing processes as well as new equipment/processes within plant
• Assists and leads new training structure and programs for fabrication and manufacturing processes
• Trains employees on fabrication processes and inspects/tests results and applicants, as needed
• Provides line of defense, partnering with MPLs as needed, to address line-down issues regarding equipment and process issues and non-conformances
• Supports Day-to-day production in operations via technical troubleshooting, problem solving and advising on equipment tooling, operation
• In-depth technical troubleshooting of problems regarding component issues, quality problems, and equipment maintenance/performance
• Owns smaller-scale projects and provides mentoring to others as it relates to equipment capacity, part transfers, cost reduction projects
• Troubleshoot and program PLC controlled custom equipment
• Assist in validation activities within engineering team, including periodic reviews, equipment qualifications, process validations, PPAPs
• Complete various day-to-day tasks, as assigned
• High School Education or Equivalent
• Technical knowledge and understanding of assembly processes, SQL
• 5+ years of relevant manufacturing experience, process development experience, controls experience
• Preferred skill sets: Allan Bradley, Python
• Specialized skill set in two or more of the following: controls, torque tooling, prototyping racking and assembly tools
• Must be proficient in the use of calibrated devices and in the reading of detailed mechanical prints.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
• Exposure and understanding of statistical techniques and Minitab
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
• Possess attention to detail
• Must be able to observe and note minute inconsistencies
• Must be able to follow and explain detailed instructions and inspection procedures
• Must be able to explain detailed documentation accurately
• Must be able to communicate extraordinarily to many stakeholders and facets of the business including production, engineering, quality and upper-management
defined. The job works within well-defined procedures that may involve a variety of work routines. This job typically requires a minimum of 2 or more years experience.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.