Production Maintenance Technician (33930)
Amentum is seeking a Production Maintenance Technician III in Sanford, NC!
- Typical work schedule is 2nd shift, 2:00 pm to 10:30 pm; hours may vary based on business demand.
This production maintenance technician is responsible for providing an intermediate level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive and corrective maintenance on the production equipment and systems in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Performs pipefitting, welding, fabrication, and millwright related work on the production equipment and systems.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots Conveyor systems, Fanuc Robots, VFD’s, Electric Motors, pumps, bearings, blowers, fans, gearboxes, hoist, air handlers and other equipment as required.
- Perform all aspects of preventive and corrective mechanical maintenance on all production related industrial systems including, but not limited to, pneumatics, hydraulics, conveyors, and coolant.
- Conducts preventive maintenance inspections and required preventative maintenance actions such as lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, alignments, etc.
- Troubleshoots and repairs heat exchange equipment.
- Utilizes meggers, voltmeters, multi-meters, etc.
- Performs plumbing and hydraulic hose repairs.
- Troubleshoots and repairs basic electrical issues.
- Safely operates fork-lifts, hoists, and cranes.
- Utilizes safe rigging and lifting techniques.
- Performs preventive maintenance on mechanical systems, controls, and operating systems as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds to and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations, and industry standards.
- Recommends activities to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Exhibits strong leadership skills, such as motivation, delegation, ownership, leading by example, well-developed organizational skills, excellent communication skills, etc.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations. Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tag-out procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Provides instruction and assistance to other technicians as needed.
- General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Three years of experience as an electrical and/or mechanical maintenance technician troubleshooting and repairing production equipment and systems in an industrial setting or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues.
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require overtime, various shifts, weekends, holidays and alternative work schedules.
Physical / Special Requirements:
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats, and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associate degree or trade school certification in Industrial Mechanical, Industrial Technology, or a related program.
- Experience performing pipefitting, welding, fabrication, and millwright related work.
- Advanced PLC experience, including troubleshooting and making program changes, with Allen Bradley, PLC-5, 500, and/or RS-5000.
- Experience troubleshooting CNC Machine tools, including but not limited to: Mazak, Haas, and GNL.
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing industrial production systems such as conveyors and coolant systems to OEM specifications.
- Experience troubleshooting robotic control systems, such as Fanuc, ABB, etc.
- Experience with alignments and timing machines using Precision calibration tools.
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing pumps, motors, gearboxes, supply and exhaust fans, power transmission components, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing cranes and hoists.
- Experience utilizing measurement tools such as micrometers, dial indicators, various type gauges, and calibers to set tolerances to OEM Specifications.