Production Maintenance Technician III (35717)
Amentum, an onsite contractor for Progress Rail, a Caterpillar Company, is seeking an AWS Industrial Maintenance Technician to join our Facility Maintenance team of multi-skilled technicians in Winston Salem, NC off of Union Cross Rd.
- Typical work 12 hour shifts alternating 2on,2off,3on (next week opposite) 7am – 7pm. Hours may vary based on business demand, with overtime as necessary.
Enjoy working in clean, year-round climate-controlled buildings where Safety is the top priority
This position is responsible for providing an intermediate level of expertise in the mechanical repair of bearings, shafts, pumps, roller assemblies, gearboxes, and other related mechanical subsystems. Working under minimal supervision as a member of a self-directed work team, this is a multi-craft position that may perform machine repairs and general non-licensed maintenance work, as well as support other licensed trades as directed. Requires good working knowledge of all types and applications of equipment pertaining to maintenance and operations for assigned area, and the ability to work within machine tolerances.
- Operates, maintains, and repairs all production associated equipment in compliance with all company regulations and standards.
- Analyzes equipment failures, inspects, replaces, alters, and maintains in good repair all building and production services and related equipment.
- Performs planned maintenance on all production equipment and related services for specific area while being sensitive and responsive to customer needs.
- Performs trouble-shooting techniques on mechanical equipment such as CNC machine tools, pumps, agitators, hydraulic systems, compressed air and other gas equipment and distribution systems to determine problems and effect repairs as promptly and efficiently as possible to minimize downtime.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections, sump clean out, lubrication, adjustments, and alignments.
- Develops and implements planned maintenance procedures, performs job estimates, maintains spare parts inventory. Keeps stock persons informed as to parts consumed from inventory.
- Assists in installing, inspecting new equipment, and servicing installations.
- Provides support to co-workers, contractors, vendors, project managers, building managers, and engineers as necessary to support project and renovation work.
- Complies with all governmental, company, and industrial regulations, codes, and standards, health safety practices, and permit systems.
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations, and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Three years of maintenance experience in one of the following trades, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience: Paint line maintenance and repair, Industrial Mechanical Machine Repair, or Automotive Repair.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require overtime, various shifts, weekends, holidays and alternative work schedules.
Physical / Special Requirements:
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
- Able to stand continuously for 4 hours at a time.
- Requires the ability to climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs as needed during a workday.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat, kneel, reach/stretch, and move in a 90-degree fashion during workday.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats, and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Associate’s degree or trade school certification in Industrial Mechanical, HVAC, or a related field.
- Experience with paint line.
- Experience working safely with 480 volt 3 phase electrical systems.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing industrial facility mechanical equipment, including vacuum systems and RO/DI water systems.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing large commercial or industrial HVAC/R equipment.
- Experience maintaining basic plumbing needs.
- Working knowledge of all types and kinds of hand and power tools, air measuring instruments, various refrigeration equipment, various electrical meters, meggers, and shop equipment.
- Experience working in a CMMS environment.