Production Technician U405 (101645)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water (NYSE:AWK) is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 6,500 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and regulated-like drinking water and wastewater services to an estimated 14 million people in 25 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for American Water to evaluate decisions about new regulations, reintegration, and safe operating practices, all employees are required to report their vaccination status.Primary Role
Operates chemical feed systems and performs required process control testing and analysis.Key Accountabilities
- Maintain and ensure reliable operations of the Interurban Production facilities.
- Operates chemical feed systems and performs required process control testing and analysis.
- Fills day tanks. Calibrates chemical feed pumps, including checking chemical feeds at outlying stations that may be required.
- Manage pumping and filter operations, including filter washing, and any additional filter treatment that may be required.
- Manage outlying stations regarding pumpage, tank levels, and pressure requirements.
- Receives and tests chemical deliveries.
- Performs routine maintenance and housekeeping of facilities, depending on actual working assignment.
- Performs relief duties for shift treatment Operator (ESL mini-lab), as required or as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Strong work ethic, time management, communication, and organizational and team membership skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision. Good mechanical skills.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs. Computer literacy required.
- High School diploma
- 0-2 years of experience in the water industry.
- Class C required after 2 years in position; Class A required after 4 years in position
- Class C driver’s license and D.O.T. medical card required within 30 days of being awarded position.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because they are an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.