Senior Material Handler
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Bachelor’s degree in relevant science discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5+ years of experience in a cGMP warehouse environment and understanding of Supply Chain Management and APICS best practices for warehouse operations.
- Experience in the implementation and use of ERP/MRP software systems preferred.
- DOT/IATA/HazMat experience and certifications preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of cGMP regulations and FDA guidance applicable to biologics and cell therapy manufacturing.
- Experience in:
- Distribution, receiving, temperature storage, issuance, and inventory control practices including cycle counting, and rejected/expired material disposition.
- Understanding controlled temperature, humidity, and pest control monitoring for cGMP environments.
- Transportation lanes and cold chain logistical movement of time critical and temperature sensitive biologics.
- Freight forwarder and courier direct shipments and associated documentation requirements.
- Use of material handling equipment – both gas powered, electric and manual.
- Operation of company owned vehicles for transport.
- Quality Systems for Deviation, SOP revisions/creation, CAPA Management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates internal and external customer requests across multiple unit operations during their shift to include personnel, material, and logistical needs.
- Working with production planning, the Sr. Manufacturing Associate, and other shift leads to establish daily unit operations schedule that includes people, product, and material flow across multiple shifts.
- Completing and reviewing documentation required by process transfer protocols, validation protocols, standard operating procedures, and batch records.
- Assisting in the training of staff who are less experienced to ensure they have the necessary technical skills and knowledge.
- Initiation of company discrepancies/deviations for non-conforming materials and operational anomalies.
- Assisting in setting up warehouse operations equipment/fixtures. Perform facility and equipment commissioning activities, as needed.
- Reviewing and writing Warehouse Operations procedures that are technically sound, promote effective and efficient operations, and comply with cGMP requirements.
- Performing tasks in a manner that are consistent with departmental and corporate safety policies, quality systems and GMP requirements.
- Coordination and oversight of tasks performed by staff working within Warehouse Operations.
- Creating/writing Warehouse Operations procedures that are technically sound, promote effective and efficient operations, and comply with cGMP requirements.
- Additional duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned by management.
WORKING CONDITIONS (US Only):
- The incumbent will be required to work in a warehouse environment requiring ergonomic considerations.
- The incumbent will be required to work in manufacturing and lab spaces for moderate periods of time for inventory replenishment and delivery.
- Occasional excursions to labs or production areas requiring some level of gowning.
- Exposure to typical manufacturing, laboratory, mechanical and warehouse environments.
- Exposure to outdoor elements as required for material receiving, material shipment, operation of material handling equipment, etc.
- Majority of working hours standing and lifting of ≤ 50 lbs.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. There are other duties and responsibilities that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.