At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Material Handler role is responsible to perform routine Material Operations activities across the Cell Therapy Facility including receiving, warehousing, material cleaning and product shipments.
This position will support a 24/7 schedule, 6am-6pm OR 6pm-6am shift, rotating weekends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
General Work Activities
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Deliver the right material, to the right location, at the right time while adhering to good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures. The ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required
- Perform routine Material Operations activities across the Cell Therapy Facility including receiving, sampling, warehousing, material cleaning, kitting & delivery
- Coordinate, pack & ship materials to both domestic and international markets, including hazardous materials
- Work on routine assignments per written procedures with little to no instruction; work on new assignments with general instructions
- Complete GMP forms and/or batch records
- Perform SAP transactions of inventoried materials and their movements to ensure compliance & inventory accuracy
- Author procedures
Collaborate & Partner
- Interact effectively with Materials Operations Staff, Quality Control, Quality Assurance and Manufacturing. Regular interaction with external contractors such as transportation drivers
- Collaborate with cross-functional employees & department managers to solve work-related problems and perform run-the-business activities
- Support process investigations & CAPAs
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school Diploma / GED. Additional post-secondary education resulting in an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline is preferred
- An equivalent combination of education, experience and training may substitute
- Preferred but not required: Certification in CPIM, CSCP, and/or CLTD
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in warehousing (preferably GMP) or performing material operations activities
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Knowledge of inventory systems (preferably SAP)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience to communicate problem statements and escalate concerns
- A valid Driver’s License (CDL preferred)
- Operate in a GMP warehouse environment & gown into GMP clean room areas
- Don Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by procedures & signage. May come in contact with hazardous material requiring additional PPE including respiratory protection (employee must be physically capable to wear a respirator)
- May be required to work alternate shift schedules, including shift or weekend coverage
- Operate motor vehicles including, 24 ft box trucks, fork lifts and other motorized material handling equipment
- Perform material picking activities at heights of up to 25 ft with required fall protection
- Perform activities as physical job, where employee may have to lift as much as 50 pounds and regularly bend reach & walk
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.