Eaton’s B-Line Division is currently seeking a Production Planner to join our team. This position is based at our Highland, IL facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Primary Function Overview:
The Production Planner position will report directly to the Supply Chain Manager. Emphasis is placed on analysis and the interpretation of a variety of reports, with coordination of necessary support activities to allow timely and economical completion of production commitments, in line with the Company’s business objectives
In this function you will:
- Maintain and manage MRP/ Safety Stock for Highland Facility
- Run MRP Daily, responsible for translating the mechanical recommendations of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) into executable decisions
- Inspect (MRP) recommendations and implement. Approve acceptance or rejection of MRP recommendations. Review various reports to determine validity of MRP recommendations based on material availability, inventory levels, lead times, etc. Initiate activity to allocate stock, purchase materials and internally manufacture material.
- Communicate with production team to ensure on timely execution of the Plan orders
- Interpret reports and execute appropriate activities to advance, delay or cancel previously scheduled materials. Analyze requirements and apply judgment to determine if MRP recommendations are correct for planning factors such as EOQ’s and make/buy decisions
- Minimize excess inventories. Coordinate and monitor cross-departmental planning and scheduling efforts needed for maintaining internal build and delivery schedules.
- Determine rescheduling and/or re-sizing orders. Determine possible use of Product Support Parts
- Monitor and maintain different reports within the planner scope
- Support PLM and Forecasting activities
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the Outstanding benefits we offer: Competitive Pay, Benefits start on day one, Vacation time, Employee Discounts, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental Leave, Educational Assistance Program and many more!
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Associates degree in business, supply chain or related field from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 1 year of analytic and organizational experience in support of planning activities
- Minimum of 1 year experience in supply chain and manufacturing using MRP/SAP
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Highland, IL to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Keen analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills and abilities
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Proficient use of spreadsheet, presentation, database structures, business objects or similar reporting tool and operating system software
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field from an accredited institution
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time