Material Handler (123622)
Eaton will provide a one-time signing bonus of $1,000.00, $250 will be paid out after 30 days and another $250 after 90 days, and $500 after six months of employment with Eaton.
Eaton’s Critical Power and Digital Infrastructure Division is currently seeking a Material Handler to join our team. This position is based at our Worcester, MA facility.
- Pay: $16/hour+
- Benefits (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- 401K (6% Match)
- Vacation (Two Weeks Starting Out)
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Operate a variety of material handling equipment (sit-down or stand-up fork trucks, pallet jacks, two-wheel and four-wheel dollies, cranes, pallet stackers/walkie rider, etc.). Unload and load delivery trucks. Ensure proper movement of materials throughout fabrication work cells. Operate packaging/wrapping equipment. Inspect all materials as they are picked and delivered; including package, wrap, weigh, and stage completed product. Checks completed parts to ensure compliance to Worcester Plant Quality standards and makes necessary adjustments when required to meet quality goals.
In this function you will:
- Maintain equipment and perform housekeeping duties as necessary.
- Adheres to all environmental, health, safety rules and regulations, and work instructions.
- Assist team in achieving plant and department goals.
- Assist with on-the-job training and continuous improvement.
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork.
- General knowledge of Eaton Quality Management System (EQMS).
- Perform other duties as required.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited school.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates in the immediate geographic area (50-mile radius) will be considered.
- 6 months+ experience in light to medium industrial manufacturing environment.
- Stand-up fork truck experience.
- 1+ years’ experience in light to medium industrial manufacturing environment. Including experience with stand-up fork truck.
- Basic shop math.
- Requires frequent standing and bending. Must be able to regularly lift up-to 50-pounds.
- Ability to read written instructions and comprehend verbal instructions.
- Ability to read and follow standard work.
- Ability to use good judgment and problem-solving skills to make informed decisions.
Eaton also considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: CPDI OPS Operations
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Indeed Sponsored Job: Yes – Hourly Team