Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking to hire a Product Planner to join our team. This position is based at our Troy, IL facility.
This position is for a Production Planner at the Troy Manufacturing Plant supporting the Materials and Supply Chain team. This position has the responsibility to create, review, amend, and maintain attainable and effective production schedules for assigned products and product families. The production planner is expected to utilize system tools inclusive of material requirements planning and capacity planning to ensure that the supply chain is effective in meeting the needs of our customers while maintaining required delivery and inventory goals. This position is also responsible to support the facility safety, quality, and cost objectives. The production planner has a significant impact on customer service and shop floor activity and therefore must be a creative thinker with sound decision making ability that acts with the customer in mind.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Execute MRP and the timely creation of shop orders to satisfy customer demand, achieve desired stocking levels and maintain flow of work on the factory floor.
- Communicate and coordinate with production supervisors and purchasing teams to ensure schedule adherence and recovery if required.
- Initiate and participate in continuous improvement activities related to production planning, customer service and inventory management. Participate as required in problem solving teams, kaizen events, cross functional committees, and multi-discipline initiatives.
- Review and maintain SAP data integrity inclusive of routings and bill of material accuracy.
- Communicate frequently and proactively with customer service teams to meet or exceed customer expectations and establish effective relationships.
- Participate in lean daily management system (LDMS) activities and support the factory tier process as required.
- Manage and maintain inventory levels ensuring uninterrupted supply of parts while maintaining days on hand goal levels.
- Track progression of production orders, investigate factors that affect schedules, and modify plans as necessary
- Expedite critical orders throughout the supply chain.
- Inform management of potential production problems and assist in the implementation of both short- and long-term solutions.
- Analyzes forecasted demand to ensure safety stock and strategic inventory levels on finished goods are maintained.
- Perform planning functions required to achieve the timely and successful launch of new products and participate as assigned on new product development teams.
- Understands and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) responsibilities by following established EHS policies, procedures, training, and team member involvement activities. Responsible for the ownership of at least one EHS element for the site.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma required.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation package offered. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Troy, IL in order to be considered for this position. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitations.
- 1-3 years of related experience within the supply chain function, preferably in planning/scheduling.
- SAP business system experience.
- Experience in MRP planning.
What you’ll get from us:
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time