Eaton’s Electrical Commercial & Residential Distribution Solutions Division is currently seeking a Production Planner to join our team. This position is based at our Lincoln, IL facility. Relocation benefits will be provided within the United States only.
The Production Planner will plan and release an assigned group of commodities and services, both purchased and manufactured. In this role, you will assist the manufacturing manager in achieving department objectives in scheduling, inventory levels, and cost reduction. Implementing inventory, planning and production scheduling consistent with the materials manufacturing philosophy of the plant.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Plan inventory levels of an assigned group of production materials. Design inventory systems consistent with materials manufacturing philosophy to ensure zero material downtime and optimal inventory levels.
- Interview and negotiate with current vendors on delivery.
- Perform necessary follow-up and expediting activities. Assure a timely and effective flow of material into the plant, keeping down time to a minimum. Keep plant inventories of parts at established levels through cycle counting programs, location audits or other practices as applicable. Ensure optimal space utilization.
- Forecast material usage for assigned commodities. Analyze lot size orders.
- Ensure actions held drive performance toward profit plan targets for stock fill rate, load attainment, manufacturing lead time and other key metrics and plant goals.
- Develop personal objectives and assist the manufacturing manager in the development and implementation of department objectives.
- Develop, publish and control build schedule for manufacturing floor per material availability. Follow orders through the shop to maintain production/shipping schedule.
- Execute data coding to maintain integrity in ERP and order management system. Issues and follows up on orders with quantity changes, cancellations, re-schedules, and priority items.
- Maintain policy codes, safety stock levels, lead times and other necessary production records maintained on the database.
- Assign promises to job orders when requested and follows progress through completion so that dates are met.
- Review availability of components and raw material to manufacture current and future orders.
- Assist in identifying and clearing difficulties and delays on the shop floor.
- Recommend alternative action to be taken in events of failure to meet the schedules.
- Adhere to all facility safety guidelines and identify potential hazards to reduce or eliminate them.
- Accumulate data for special reports.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of one (1) year planning experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Minimum of five (5) years planning experience.
- APICS certification.
- Good understanding of MAPICS, Inventory Management, JIT & Lean Production, capacity planning and master scheduling.
- General product knowledge and knowledge of the manufacturing systems.
- Knowledge of corporate and plant management policies including purchasing ethics policy.
- Knowledge of CRT operation, transaction codes, data processing and accounting.
Why work at Eaton? We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites).
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs.
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance.
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development.
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs.
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico).
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS RESI Residential
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time