Material Handler 1st Shift (128435)
Eaton’s Electrical Power Distribution Inc. is currently seeking a Material Handler to join our 1st shift team. This position is based at our Richmond, VA facility.
- Pay: $16/hour
- Benefits (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- 401K (6% Match)
- Vacation (Two Weeks Starting Out)
This position will be responsible for quickly and accurately moving production materials and parts into and out of warehouse shelves, storage bins and production locations. Receive and put away inbound deliveries. Pick and issue parts for production jobs. Cycle count shelf inventory and investigate and resolve all inventory discrepancies and adjustments. Make inventory and other transactions in company systems and database with accuracy and timeliness. Ensure the warehouse is a safe, clean and efficient production work environment.
In this function you will:
- Quickly unload material deliveries off carrier trucks and stage in designated receiving locations
- Count and verify all inbound materials against company purchase orders and supplier/carrier shipping documents
- Identify materials and parts and accurately apply part number labels
- Move and put away materials and parts to their designated storage shelf location and bin
- Pick materials and parts from their designated storage shelf location and bin and stage them on a picking cart or cage and ready them for production assembly
- Complete put away and picking jobs, keeping on pace with expected job completion rates to keep the daily production schedule.
- Learn and proficiently use company warehouse and inventory management scanners and ERP systems for all warehouse and inventory management transactions
- Perform inventory cycle counts to verify items and quantities in designated storage locations and bins
- Complete necessary training and proficiently and safely operate a forklift, sky jack, pallet trucks and other material handling equipment and perform necessary maintenance and safety check lists
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Minimum 1 year of experience in warehouse operations, inventory management, material handling, shipping dock or related material handling experience
- Experience creating transactions and records in Made-2-Manage or other ERP warehouse/inventory control system
- Able to lift up to 20 pounds on a regular basis and up to 50 pounds on occasion
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: CPDI PDI
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Indeed Sponsored Job: Yes – Hourly Team