Material Handler -1st Shift (128270)
Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking a Material Handler to join our team on 1st shift! The hourly rate for this role starts at $19/hr, depending on experience. This position is based at our Lincoln Avenue facility in Waukesha, WI. The core hours are 5 am – 1 pm.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the outstanding benefits we offer:
- Health benefits and vacation time (2 weeks to start) are available to use on day one!
- Paid holidays - up to 12!
- Weekly pay
- Shift premiums - $1.25/hr
- Career progression opportunities to cross-train in different departments and increase compensation
- Overtime opportunities
- Retirement benefits - up to a 6% match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and more
The primary function of this position is the receiving and tracking, locating, storing, and delivery of vendor, Transformer Products (North St., Badger Dr.), and Component’s parts. Utilizes a bar code reader to perform basic stockroom transactions such as issues, receipts, locates, etc. Assemble and deliver Power Lead Assembly, Tanking, and Final kits to production. Assemble and deliver various parts to production racks by way of logs, issue tickets or parts bins.
In this function you will:
- Receives parts from branch plants and vendors and locates them into stock locations.
- Fills issue requests, which require a functional use and application of bar code equipment and/or stockroom procedures.
- Processes kit list for Power Lead Assembly, Tanking, and Final Assembly, making accurate and complete kits.
- Issues kits to production departments on a timely basis, as requested.
- Collects, fills, and delivers bins to production areas.
- Fills gravity racks as needed.
- Works closely with the production departments in filling their requirements on a timely basis. This covers all transactions including emergency issues.
- Receives and puts away cores and coils as needed.
- Unloads trucks as needed.
- Required to drive a narrow aisle stacker or 6,000 lb. Jeep, scale count material from a table as well as a floor scale, allowing for tare tolerances when necessary. Is required daily to handle a variety of parts varying in size, weight, and configuration.
- Processes Material Assurance Tickets daily, sort by date, and group for proper areas of production. Issues and delivers parts by date to their point of usage assuring oldest parts go first. The part numbers are to be printed on all boxes to assure proper usage of parts.
- Relocates paint and aluminum buss bar.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the Waukesha, WI facility. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a Shipping / Receiving department.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience using fork trucks and other powered industrial vehicles.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No