The Material Handler receives, records, stores, weighs, counts, packages and prepares material for disbursement. All incoming and outgoing parts and materials that are routed through stocking areas are for a variety of life support, air-to-air refueling, and personal survival equipment systems.
In this function you will:
- Check materials and/or products to be shipped against a variety of documentation, including freight bills, packing slips, purchase orders, etc.
- Package, label, and seal a variety of containers.
- Use a variety of hand trucking and weighing equipment.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of transactions.
- Load and unload a variety of vehicles.
- Deliver parts and supplies to and from stocking areas.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. from an accredited institution is required
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 70 miles of Davenport, IA to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Material Handling experience within a manufacturing environment
- Experience in records management on a computer
- Experience with using a hand truck
- Must be able to check the accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipments
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the use of a variety of hand tools, scales, packaging/sealing machines, and miscellaneous handling equipment.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. frequently
- Must be able to follow both oral and written instructions when performing job duties
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work with limited supervision
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER MSD Mission System Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No