Material Handler / Stock Clerk
Receives, stores, and issues equipment, materials, supplies, merchandise, foodstuffs, or tools, and compiles stock records of items in stockroom, warehouse or storage yard.
- Receiving, identifying, examining and determining destination acceptability of items from a variety of supply and procurement sources.
- Issues items from stock, verifies signature match with authorized signature cards, maintains inventory records utilizing automated systems to fill orders, verify levels, place stock and develop the necessary computerized documentation
- Plan loading and unloading procedures for incoming and outgoing items.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Work is performed in a shop environment and is exposed to disagreeable fumes in shop area. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell. Frequently lifts items weighing 15-25 pounds and occasionally in excess of 45 pounds. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance. Position may require travel.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Minimum six (6) months of warehouse experience in general material and supply functions, either in the military service or in commercial applications.
- Must be able to prepare inventory and production reports, screen and identify shipping and receiving documents for discrepancies and direst shipments to shipping and storage areas.
- Strong organization and computer skills.
- Forklift experience with 6K and 10K.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a government background check.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.