Production Planner 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Production Planner to join our 1st Shift team. This position is based at our Fayetteville, NC facility.
Provide customer service and assistance to front line supervisors, shop floor personnel and internal customers as needed. Assist the Manufacturing/Materials supervisor(s) by providing administrative and manufacturing technician/material handler support. Coordinate and works with the supervisor as well as Engineering, Customer Service Representatives, Materials and Quality to help the department run smoothly. Build order packets, communicate and team with a variety of personnel, uses manufacturing knowledge to make decisions for proper usage and application, scheduling, working with a variety of computer systems, assign and sort work to the appropriate line, ensuring and communicating schedules, shortages, and material needed in accordance with ISO and Lean standards.
In this function you will:
- Build order packets, plan schedules for individual lines based on capacity planning
- Coordinates and works with the supervisor as well as Engineering, Customer Service Representatives, Materials and Quality to help the department run smoothly
- Reschedule orders based on validated reason codes
- Provide daily shipment list per line to appropriate departments
- Maintain daily reporting to include BSC, Reschedules & Overdues, etc.
- Provide customized mentor reporting for production-based activities
- Design and print production labels
- Maintain and update label databases as needed
- Maintain and escalate printer-based issues
- Schedule and plan steel orders based on quoted LT
- Maintain steel Kanban levels based on historical run rates and relevant forecast data
- Maintain and manage rack audit process for the area
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing/ material planning role
- Authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and in the future
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of Fayetteville, NC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- 1 year of experience working in a complex Manufacturing/Materials Planning role
- Experience leading Kaizen and continuous improvement events
- Communicate effectively with other departments to ensure parts and components are delivered on time and meet quality specifications.
- Flex into other departments as needed to ensure customer and Eaton expectations are met.
- Works with programs like AS400, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Vista
- Uses electrical schematics and blue prints to identify parts and components needed
Why work at Eaton? We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
Eaton is an intelligent power management company dedicated to improving the quality of life and protecting the environment for people everywhere. We are guided by our commitment to do business right, to operate sustainably and to help our customers manage power ─ today and well into the future. By capitalizing on the global growth trends of electrification and digitalization, we’re accelerating the planet’s transition to renewable energy, helping to solve the world’s most urgent power management challenges, and doing what’s best for our stakeholders and all of society. Founded in 1911, Eaton has been listed on the NYSE for nearly a century. We reported revenues of $19.6 billion in 2021 and serve customers in more than 170 countries.Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030.
Eaton is committed to having a workforce that is diverse and non-discriminatory at all levels, reflecting the diversity of our customers and the varied environments in which we conduct business around the world. Our success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best people unlimited by race, color, social or economic status, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any protected status. Eaton follows relevant non-discrimination laws and regulations in the countries where we operate. It is the policy of the Company to make all decisions regarding employment, including hiring, compensation, training, promotions, transfers, or lay-offs, based on the principle of equal employment opportunity as defined above.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No