The Maritime System Division (MSD) of Leidos’ develops and deploys advanced technology solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, other governmental agencies and commercial clients. MSD is currently seeking a qualified, energetic employee to fill the position of Production Assistant, to assist in the production of advanced ocean sensor systems and payload subsystems, and integration of those systems with manned and unmanned maritime platforms. Current and future projects span advanced concept and prototype development, low-rate initial production and full-rate production. .
MSD is an industry leader in developing, applying, and advancing state of the art signal processing technologies and hardware/software systems for C4ISR including distributed netted sensor systems, communications systems, positioning systems, tactical decision systems, and autonomous unmanned platforms. Leidos maritime systems are addressing complex mission requirements and pioneering impressive firsts in the application of novel physical insights translated into advanced signal processing solutions and applied to the full range of maritime missions. The successful applicant will work collaboratively with an outstanding group of engineers and technologists located in Long Beach MS. The successful applicant will become part of a world class team that is a recognized leader in maritime systems development, and will support production of advanced systems for the Department of Defense.
- Interact frequently with manufacturing and operations teams to balance supply and demand.
- Present 6-month demand, production and inventory summaries for review at monthly meetings.
- Publish and perform root cause analyses on key metrics including On-time Delivery, Actual vs. Scheduled Productions and Master Schedule Stability.
- Use Rough Cut Capacity Planning to determine if production will be constrained in future periods and identify potential corrective actions such as: working overtime, adding equipment, outsourcing or expediting. Level load schedules (6-month).
- Track Manufacturing Orders (MOs) for reporting to program, weekly basis
- Coordinate with procurement personnel
- Follow up with vendors for material updates, i.e. early shipments, shipment dates, etc.
- Follow-up for overdue materials reporting
- Other duties, as assigned
- Requires a BA degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Project
- Effective hands-on skills and the ability to interact with manufacturing personnel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, along with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be able to obtain an active SECRET Security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Management, Industrial Engineering, Finance, Operations Management, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field with 3-6 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience with MS Project
- Experience with ISO9001 quality management systems.
- Experience with LEAN manufacturing principles.
- Vendor coordination experience
- Proficient knowledge of MRP systems, Costpoint preferred or equivalent
- Production environment preferred, but not necessary
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Word (fluent in formulas, queries, and pivot tables)
- Good communication skills written and oral
- Ability to work independently
- Management experience
- Experience with manufacturing operations for Department of Defense customers
- Active SECRET Security clearance
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.