Part-time Material Handler - 1st Shift (Kitter)
Eaton’s Electrical Division is currently seeking a Part-time Material Kitter to join our team. This position is based at our Lincoln Avenue facility in Waukesha, WI. The hourly rate starts at $19/hr, depending on experience. The core hours are flexible daylight between 7 am – 12 pm but can be modified upon agreement with Supervisor.
This is a part-time position with a max of 19 hours per week. This position does not offer health insurance benefits.
The primary function of this position is to perform basic stockroom transactions such as issues, receipts, locates, etc. Assemble and deliver Power Lead Assembly, Tanking and Final kits to production. Assemble and deliver various parts to production racks by way of logs, issue tickets or parts bins.
In this function you will:
- Receive parts from branch plants and vendors and locate them in stock locations.
- Fills issue requests, which require a functional use and application of bar code equipment and/or stockroom procedures.
- Process kit list for Power Lead Assembly, Tanking, and Final Assembly to ensure accurate and complete kits.
- Issue kits to production departments on a timely basis, as requested.
- Collect, fill, and deliver bins to production areas.
- Fill gravity racks as needed.
- Work closely with the production departments in filling their requirements on a timely basis. This covers all transactions including emergency issues.
- Process Material Assurance Tickets daily, sort by date, and group for proper areas of production.
- Issue and deliver parts by date to their point of usage assuring the oldest parts go first. The part numbers are to be printed on all boxes to assure proper usage of parts.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- A high school diploma or GED (General Education Degree) from an accredited institution is required.
- The ability to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Waukesha, WI will be considered. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in the Shipping / Receiving department.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience using fork trucks and other powered industrial vehicles.
- Be responsible for his/her own work, under minimal supervision and instruction
- Meet or exceed quality and quantity standards
- Keep work area clean and orderly
- Contribute suggestions for methods or product improvement.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No