Organization: Ashley Global Retail
Position: Inventory Planner
Location: Brandon, Florida
The Inventory Planner is responsible for supporting internal supply chain functions by monitoring the flow product into the distribution centers and works to optimize inventory management. Additionally, this position prepares and analyzes various inventory related reports to identify and address any inventory health issues. This role will support the Distribution Center on the Return to Vendor process and track the daily returns. The Inventory Planner will collaborate with internal teams to optimize inventory levels to achieve financial goals.Responsibilities
- Regularly run reports to ensure inventory health; review information, document findings and corrections and submit to management for review
- Manage inventory levels at all enterprise distribution centers on all product categories; provide executive level updates on inventory management.
- Generate and analyze complex excel reports from multiple data sources.
- Make decisions and/or recommendations for product disposition; ensure discontinued, non-go-forward assortment and clearance products are removed from the distribution center.
- Research and reconcile inventory discrepancies
- Evaluate inventory accuracy metrics and assist with development of root cause analysis
- Assist with implementation of inventory control improvements and processes
- Monitor merchandise movement, liquidation and disposal process
- 1-2 years experience in inventory control or planning, logistics and/or supply chain, preferably in a retail or distribution center environment, Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook)
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to take initiative
- Proficient with technology and systems. Capable of mastering various technology platforms as a power user: e.g., ERP, order management systems, warehouse management software etc.
- Advanced Excel and data management skills: e.g., pivot tables, V-lookups, etc.
- Strong communication, documentation and presentation skills
What We Offer:
- Excellent Healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Profit sharing eligibility
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K retirement plan
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- Great opportunities for career growth
- Flexible Spending Account
- Corporate partnership - Discount programs
- Furniture Discounts
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.