Material Coordinator, Lead (Stock Control ASP)
Work Where it Matters
Akima Facilities Operations (AFO), an Akima company, is not just another federal facilities contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At AFO, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , AFO provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , AFO sustains mission readiness and ensures quality of life by maintaining high value assets and operations at peak performance and successfully manages these operations through accurately forecasting, managing, and aggressively controlling costs.
As an AFO employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
As an ammunition material coordinator lead, you are responsible for managing a team of 3 personnel. SAAS operators will resource operations on an echelon system providing munitions management functionality from AFSBn Carson retail level through theater level for the operational training or contingency events, operators will control accounts for the sole purpose of forecasting, allocating, and requisitioning training/contingency ammunition IOT meet all requirements.
- Lead /coordinate, provide guidance, training and supervision of the activities in the daily operation and management of ASP Stock Control. You are also required to teach, mentor, counsel and train all ammunition personnel.
- Responsible for all operations of SAAS and TAMIS to include all responsibility for filing any transactions, reports, orders, and issues that occur on a daily basis.
- Processes a range of scheduled routine operations using Logistics Information Systems (LIS), Total Ammunition Management Information System (TAMIS)/Standard Army Ammunition System (SAAS) operators with System Change Package (SCP 11), Defense Transportation Tracking System (DTTS), experience IOT track and find disposition of ammunition assets through the SAAS pipeline.
- Manage stocks, coordinating, and controlling requirements, receipt, issue, transfer, location change, verify information provided on customer DA Form 1687, accept E581 from Total Ammunition Management Information System (TAMIS), disposition of ammunition, turn-in residue, ammunition components and packing materials; provide guidance on using automated Standard Army Ammunition System Modernization (SAAS) system and provide technical assistance to customers.
- Responsible for clearing Inbound and Outbound freight shipments and tracing freight identified that is determined to a frustrated using Defense Transportation Tracking System (DTTS).
- Inspects In-bound shipments from notification of consignee for possibility of improper handling by commercial carrier.
- Participates in the planning and coordinating of ammunition inventories to ensure the proper carrying out of the overall inventory functions. Participates in causative research on stock record balances not agreeing with inventory counts. Provides detailed comparisons from available information sources to include historical records and SAAS transaction files.
- Performs outstanding customer service and support functions; those processes used to support the total requirement of customers to gain logistics support in both combat and peacetime situations.
- Research and analyze problems to determine if problems are human error or systemic.
- Uses available resources to resolve errors and determines cause of discrepancies and adjustments required to bring stock records into agreement with inventories. Participates in the preparation of various ammunition transaction documents pertaining to stock control functions.
- Inspects vehicles for over the road ammunition transport, utilizing the DD Form 626.
- Responsible, under the direction of the ASP Supervisor and Supply Tech Lead, for all stock control procedures and SAAS documentation which include scheduling reports; archiving files; storage files maintenance; input; and output.
- Participates in providing technical assistance in using the various LIS programs to maintain a complete and accurate database. Maintains hard copy files of supply transactions, voucher numbers, causative research, adjustment documents, document register, and other records related to ASP operations.
- Enforces safety, breaks, lunches and works with the Supervisor to implement organizational changes.
- Cross-train ASP personnel on the proper operation of SAAS. Perform other duties and administrative tasks as assigned.
- Compiles/Prepares reports (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly, as required).
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent. Management transportation courses obtained through industry, military or civilian courses are desirable.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Leadership position and/or ammunition stock control operations and ammunition supply operations to include TAMIS/SAAS operations; (2) two years’ experience in industrial, commercial or Government transportation and with experience in IBS systems are extremely desired. Experience in munitions supply point operations and procedures within the past two (2) years. Must have excellent written, verbal communication skills.
Pay and Benefits
- $30.06 per hour, plus applicable Health & Welfare fringe dollars as defined under the DOL's Wage Determination.
- The company offers a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and a range of other voluntary benefits.
- Vacation, holiday and Sick Leave offered will be as defined under the DOL's Wage Determination.
Material & Equipment Directly Used:
- Operates computers and utilizes software programs, spreadsheets and databases. Uses copiers, faxes and other office equipment.
- Work is conducted in an office environment and work in outdoor environment with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions. Work may require light lifting up to 25 lbs.; stooping; climbing; prolonged standing; prolonged sitting.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at email@example.com or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Transportation, Logistics & Cargo Handlers
Clearance: Not Applicable
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: AFO00227