We are excited to announce an opening for a Material Planner on our Strategic Sourcing team in Springfield, VA locations! This person will be responsible for supporting the material acquisition plans for the Leidos Intelligence Business Line. Must have the ability to work with a Program Manager and Associate Director in generating material requirements and providing the necessary support of acquisition plans from start to finish. Individual will be interfacing with Vendors, Logistics, Receiving, and Strategic Sourcing to ensure program milestones are met. This is a great opportunity for a fully cleared candidate to learn the procurement field.
Primary Role and Responsibilities:
- Works with Program team to ensure a streamlined procurement process of materials against program requirements to include using a credit card for micro purchases.
- Works with programs in generating material requirements and providing the necessary support of acquisition plans from start to finish.
- Maintains reports and monitors material movement throughout manufacturing and inventory sequences.
- Coordinates forecasts, workload, expediting, and acquisition priority with commodity/category team leadership.
- Provides advice to programs as to proper routes to take that will be to the greatest benefit of the program.
- Analyzes material requirements for leveraging opportunities, supplier recommendations, acquisition planning
- Engages supply chain (vendor to manufacturing) to determine optimal acquisition strategy.
- Manages production and delivery schedules.
- Bachelor's degree and 0-2 years of relevant experience or High School Diploma/GED with 4 years of relevant work experience
- Active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph clearance is required to be considered
- Microsoft Office knowledge and skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Good organization and communication skills
- Intermediate Excel experience (Pivot Tables, Charts, v-Lookups, Bar Charts)
- Buying or supply chain management experience
- Experience using IBM Maximo or Deltek Costpoint
Pay Range:Pay Range $39,650.00 - $71,675.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.