Material Planner / Procurement Specialist
Primary Role and Responsibilities:
- Works with Program team to ensure a streamlined procurement process of materials against program requirements to include using a credit card for micro purchases.
- Works with programs in generating material requirements and providing the necessary support of acquisition plans from start to finish.
- Works across multiple government and Leidos systems in a fast-paced environment
- Maintains reports and monitors material movement throughout manufacturing and inventory sequences.
- Coordinates forecasts, workload, expediting, and acquisition priority with commodity/category team leadership.
- Provides advice to programs as to proper routes to acquire materials that will be to the greatest benefit of the program.
- Analyzes material requirements for leveraging opportunities, supplier recommendations, acquisition planning
- Engages supply chain (vendor to manufacturing) to determine optimal acquisition strategy.
- Manages production and delivery schedules.
- Bachelor's degree and 0-2 years of relevant experience or High School Diploma/GED with 2-4 years of relevant work experience. Candidates with experience in procurement AND/OR a combination of certifications, training, education, or military experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph clearance is required to be considered
- Microsoft Office knowledge and skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work across multiple systems simultaneously
- Attention to detail
- Good organization and communication skills
- Basic Excel experience (Create workbooks, create formulas, applying formats, sort, and filter data, etc…)
- Buying or supply chain management experience
- Experience using IBM Maximo or Deltek Costpoint
Salary range $60,000 - 150,000 based on experience level
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $141,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:11/03/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.