Material Handler - Split Shift
Eaton’s ES AMER ESS division is currently seeking a Material Handler - Split Shift. At our Raleigh, NC location they engineer, manufacturer, and ship prodcuts related to electrical power distribution to 6 different segments. Some of those include Utilties, Institutions, Aerospace, and Residential. The Material Handler (Split Shift) role offers a 40-hour paid work week with hours being 10:00am-7:00pm Monday-Friday. With full time employment you are offered Benefits (Medical, Dental, & Vision), 401K percent match plan, and vacation.
The hourly rate for this position is 18.50 per hour.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
The Material Handler will provide manufacturing expertise and support including but not limited to, planning, verifying, storing, organizing, and allocating materials.
In this function you will:
- You will exhibit a strong adherence to quality by continually seeking methods of improvement for all functions of the position. You will ensure that all products and parts adequately meet Eaton’s quality guidelines as they move throughout the production process and perform quality checks as instructed.
- You will operate and read hand-held RF units to find, move and allocate material
- You will move needed material based on production plan and material requests
- You will kit parts and components; distribute to production lines with accuracy and maintain integrity of configured kits.
- You will maintain adequate inventory levels to meet the orders from our customers through daily monitoring of inventory; also perform cycle counts and maintain inventory system as required
- You will load and unload trucks and inspect material for damage
- You will report irregularities or equipment malfunctions
- You will drive and maintain forklifts through daily inspection checklists and perform 5S+ housekeeping duties as necessary
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Degree) from an accredited institution
- The ability to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship is required
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within Raleigh, NC area in order to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience using SAP, warehouse management system
- Basic understanding of Microsoft applications (Office, Sharepoint)
- Ability to use good judgment when handling material with a safety focus
- Ability to work daily and/or weekend overtime, willingness to flex to different areas or local plants as needed
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time. Repetitive lifting, bending, and squatting is inherent to this position.
- Willingness to become certified in operation of forklifts to transport and locate equipment and materials to required areas.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.