Production & Logistics Material Handler (R458535)
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all Stryker US employees effective January 4, 2022, as well as all new US employees joining our company. Fully vaccinated persons are those who are >=14 days post-completion of the primary series of an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine. If you are applying to a sales and field role which requires access to customer accounts as a function of your job, you may be required, depending on customer requirements, to obtain the COVID-19 vaccination before the January 4 effective date of Stryker's vaccine policy. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page.
Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the #1Best Workplace in Manufacturing and Production in the United States by Fortune Magazine since 2017!
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Why manufacturing at Stryker?
Are you interested in getting hands-on experience with products that are making an impact on people’s lives? As a member of our manufacturing team, that is exactly what you will do! At Stryker, you will join a team of amazing people who treat each other like family, while working with products that are improving and saving people’s lives.
Need another reason to apply? Here are 5 reasons to join our manufacturing team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/5-reasons-to-join-strykers-manufacturing-team
Performs a variety of moderate to complex administrative / physical tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing and distributing of custom medical device implant materials, parts, supplies and equipment.
- Unpacks and checks goods against purchase orders or invoices
- Maintains on the computer records of received goods, alerting appropriate personnel to inspect unsatisfactory items when necessary
- Lifts and moves heavy items; may operate a forklift in future (training would be provided, if needed)
- Works from engineering drawings and/or follows documented assembly/packaging instructions
- Prepares and maintains records of items shipped and complies with documentation and recordkeeping procedures
- Examines, stocks, and/or distributes goods in inventory and/or other areas
- Prepares goods for final shipment and/or production assembly. Understands internal shipment processes.
- Enters information into the inventory management system
- Maintains and manages instrument set inventory and distribution.
- Makes local pick-ups and deliveries as needed by the business.
- High school diploma.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment (hand truck, scales, label maker, PC, etc.)
- Minimum of 2years related distribution (materials, logistics, shipping experience).
- Ability to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and /or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Ability to work with and/or sort small component parts
- A valid driver's license.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About Stryker
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com